Chapter 9: The Battle (Updated)

Start from the beginning

I activated my quirk, filling the other room with my gas.

Y/n: "Breathe deep you villains." I laughed.

Sato sweatdropped.

Sato: "You sure you're not the villain?"

I turned in agitated annoyance.

Y/n: "Silence!"

Before I could continue on, Kirishima burst through the wall, tape covering his mouth and nostrils.

Y/n: "What? You'll suffocate if you continue to wear that!"

Kirishima: "HOT HEHAW HI HAHE HEU HOWN!"

Kirishima takes a swing at me, hoping to take me out of the equation first.

Thankfully, before his punch could reach me, Sato came to the rescue and tackled Kirishima back through the wall into the other room.

My fear toxin still lingers around the room, not enough to make you see hallucinations but enough to make you on edge, making your heart beat faster and such.

I spotted Sero in between myself and the bomb, surrounded by his tape.

I pull out my scythe and began to slice the tape, one strand at a time.

Eventually, I began to sprint toward Sero.

He extends some tape in my direction, hoping to tie me up, but I manage to slice the tape mid-air before it could reach me.

Y/n: "Prepare to be taken down by the master of fear!"

Sero: "Not happening straw-head!"

Sero extended both of his elbows forward, shooting his tape directly toward me, I duck below and continue forward, closing the distance between us.

Sero's eyes widened as I thrust my hand forward, clouding my view of Sero's face with a thick veil of fear toxin.

Immediately Sero dropped to his knees and covered his face.

Sero: "No! Get them off me!!"

Hoping to end his suffering as quickly as possible, I ran over to the bomb and placed my hand on it.

All Might: "Hero Team... WINSSSS!!!!"

Ignoring All Might I rushed back over to the cowering Sero and pulled a small cannister off of my utility belt.

I click the button on the top of the silver cylinder and blue gas seeps out of the gap between the button and cylinder.

Sero inhaled the antidote and immediately his pupils shrank to their normal size and eventually his eyes closed, signaling that he finally lost consciousness.

I exhale, glad that he wouldn't have to suffer any longer.

I notice the sound of a fight going on out of my view, I turn to spot Kirishima and Sato still duking it out, locked in a standstill.

Y/n: "Hey! Brawn for brains! The battle is over!"

They both look over to me cradling Sero and both run over.

Kirishima: "Is he ok?"

Y/n: "He'll be fine, just needs a rest, let us leave shall we?"

They both nod, Kirishima took the initiative to carry Sero to the infirmary, much to the annoyance of the medical bots.

When we arrived back at the viewing room, we were swarmed by the other students.

Mina: "Wow, you took Sero out super easily!"

Mineta: "Your mask is kinda kinky, Do you think I could borrow it?"

Aoyama: "Not a very flashy ending~."

I try to dodge my classmates but they continue to get in my way before All Might stepped in.

All Might: "Now! Can someone please tell me who was the MVP of the match?"

Yaoyarozu raised her hand.

Yaoyarozu: "It was L/n, his ability to formulate a plan in the middle of an operation that secured their victory, even when Kirishima caused you to deviate from the plan."

All Might sweatdropped.

All Might: "Erm... Correct Young Yaoyarozu!"

Eventually, everyone finished their battles and everyone walked back to the classroom, not me and All Might though, we both made our way to the infirmary to check on Midoriya and Sero.

When we arrived, All Might powered down and was immediately berated by Recovery Girl.

Recovery Girl: "The year's only just started and this is his third time here! Why didn't you prevent this All Might!? And you're not out of this either young man!"

All Might and Y/n: "Apologies Recovery Girl."

Recovery Girl: "It's not me you two need to apologize to!"

I would have listened to their bickering but turned my attention to Sero, who still lay unconscious on a bed next to Midoriya.

The guilt came back as I remembered his scared cries during the battle.

I just wanted to make things right.

All Might: "-only you, Young L/n, The Principle, an old friend of mine, and Young Midoriya here know about my quirk it's a secret to all others."

Immediately Sero began to stir and All Might and Y/n to silently panic as he finally opens his eyes.

Sero: "Eh?... Y/n? Recovery Girl?... Weird skinny guy in All Might's clothes?"

All Might and I exchange a look.

Y/n: "Sero... This is my... uncle?"

Sero squints his eyes as if he was boring into our souls.

Sero: "Oh yeah, I see the resemblance, you're both like skinny scarecrows."

We both let out a relieved exhale as I remembered why I was there.

Y/n: "Sero, I came to apologize for using my quirk on you."

Sero: "Oh, don't worry about it."

I paused in disbelief.

Y/n: "What!? You were cowering in fear! What do you mean 'don't worry about it?' "

Sero: "All you did was use your quirk to win, I know you meant nothing malicious."

I felt tears welling up.

Y/n: "I... Thank you, you are kind... this school is kind..."

Well well well, look who's made their return...
Glad to get this story back on track, a personal favorite of mine.
Stay Groovy!