The Target Chapter 6

Chapter 6

            As I get to school, I noticed that a lot of people we not there. I guess the fact the one of the most popular people got killed, that they could be in danger as well.

            When I got to my homeroom class, I notice a dull silence everywhere, instead of the loud obnoxiousness of teenagers. The teachers had an unusual easy time keeping the kids to stay quiet. Nobody was interrupting or misbehaving. The bell rang, and I went to my locker to get my lunch, since the cafeteria food sucked. As I was unlocking it, I see a few girls sneak into the bathroom covering their faces. Out of curiousity I followed them and went into a stall pretending to use it, while listening.

            “I don’t know what I am going to do without him,” wailed one girl. They were all sniffing and blowing their noses. I knew they were talking about that popular guy.

            “Darren was so sweet.” said another, blowing her nose right after. I thought to myself, “Darren? I guess I was so stressed, I never asked him for his name.”

            The first girl states, “I called the police today and tried to get some info on his death. I told them that I was his girlfriend and they told me some interesting stuff. They said that he was killed by a gang. The only gang that would usually do that was the Bardeli gang, but they went into hiding about 5 years ago. After they examined the body they found a symbol on his back. It was scratched into his flesh. The symbol was the Japenese symbol for revenge. Interesting enough, it’s the same sign for the Bardeli gang. They said that probably the only reason for them to come out of hiding was to take revenge on someone, and by killing this certain person, the person they are trying to take revenge on, will know to watch out. In other word, killing Darren was a warning to the person the Bardeli gang is out to get. The police cannot go any farther until they know who they gang is wanting to take revenge, and even then they cannot do much except give that person a bodyguard or two for 48 hrs.”

            The other girl starts, “Oh poor Darren…”

            Another girl stated, “Oh suck it up girls. You both know that you didn’t care a single thing about him.” Both of the other girls started to protest, but she continued. “Breanna, you can definitely live without him because all you used him for was to hook up with. You used him all the time and when he started to get real feelings for him, you heartlessly dumped him. And don’t even start it about him being the nicest, kindest, and most generous person around, Sammantha. He was a jerk. His goal in life was to ruin about every innocent girl who he could get his hands on. And let me tell you my dear, he succeeded.”

            There was a silence in the bathroom and I knew the other girls were surprised at this girls outburst.

            Breanna says, “Well, you know what? I think you are right, Brittney.”

            “Yeh totally. He was a jerk” agreed Samantha

            “Okay now that’s over, did you hear we may be getting a new guy from France to transfer over here? OMG!”

            Samantha and Breanna quickly divulge themselves into a worthless conversation, and I decide its my cue to leave. I flush the toilet, so it won’t look like I was obviously eavesdropping.

            I had heard enough and I needed to think about this more, and so a little more research.