Think

After I had laid down I didn't fall asleep as quickly as I expected to. I stayed up thinking then sat up and looked around as I realized that they had left my room the way it was way before I left to London when I was 16. Luckily I still liked the same things as I did when I was younger so this room wasn't as childish. The wall to my left was plastered with articles and photographs of my dad and I at award ceremony's for my and his inventions. I had helped dad with a lot of things growing up. I also helped finalize his iron man suit which was probably the most fun project growing up. I stood to turn the light off when my phone started to ring. I smiled down as I read the caller ID. I slid the green button accepting the call.

"Hey gorgeous." Said a voice.

"Hey idiot" I replied.

"Ouch, must you be so rude?" He laughed.

"What's up Oliver?" I asked sitting down on my bed.

"Nothing. Just wanted to check in and see how you were doing." Oliver replied.

"Awe miss me already?"

"In your dreams. I'm glad you're gone"

"Ouch" I said sarcastically. "How are Harry and Emma?" I asked.

"You're siblings are doing great, don't worry" Oliver said.

"Oh I'm not worried about them, I'm worried about you. You know how Harry is around you. Oh and just because I'm not around doesn't mean you can try anything Mister." I stated.

He sighed and I could imagine him rolling his eyes. Oliver is my best friend we've been friends since I moved to London. Bella, my birth mother would always switch my schools almost yearly but luckily Oliver and I were neighbors so we always stayed friends and one year when mum finally decided to let me stay in one school for the rest of my education Oliver transferred there so we became closer.

Harry and Emma are my half siblings, Harry is 20, 2 years older than Emma and 6 years younger than me. Oliver is also younger than me but due to his smarts he was always in a higher grade level than he was supposed to be. And I guess you could say that ever since Harry has met Oliver he's had a thing for him. I love my brother dearly but if he's going to be with someone it's going to be anyone but my best friend.

"Mate, I'm not gonna do anything." Oliver groaned. "Also he's an adult and so am I"

"He's 20," I stated. "You're 24"

"I'm going to need you do bring down you overprotective sibling mode by a couple notches yeah?" Oliver joked.

"Whatever, just make sure you both look after Emma. You know she has a problem with staying up too late" I said.

"Whatever you say mum" I heard Emma say from the background.

"Are you at my loft?" I asked.

"Maybe... anyways tell me, anything new?" He asked.

I let out a laugh and dropped to my bed laying down.

"I may have met someone..." I say hesitating to finish the sentence.

"But?"

"But nothing"

"He isn't one of your dads friends is he?" Oliver says his with his voice hinting disappointment.

"Why must you assume it's a he?" I asked sitting up once again.

"Is it?"

"Yes.." I reply.

"And is he one of your dads friends?" He questioned.

"Possibly.." I respond.

"Kiara! Tell me you're joking!" He shouts.

"Bring your voice down a bit will you?" I asked. "Plus it's not that bad, he's a doctor and it's not like the age gap is big"

"What is he a doctor of?" Oliver questioned.

"I don't know.. but it's not like it matters"

Oliver sighed and turned to my sister saying something which I couldn't hear because the sound got muffled but I heated her laugh so my guess was that they were making fun of me.

"It does matter, for all you know he's like Frankenstein!"

"Oh leave the man alone!"

"Listen, I just want you to be careful, distance yourself from him." He says.

"But?" I continue for him.

"But if anything does happen I will support you because if anything you're still my best friend." He says. "But Kiara please, think before you do anything"

"Thank you Oliver" I said.

"Well I gotta go hun, love you"

"Love you too, bye" I said turning off the call.

I flopped down on the bed as my feet dangled off the edge. I stared at the ceiling imagining his big brown eyes before me again. His eyes were unique to me, they were round yet also almond shaped and small and oh my did he have the cutest smile. I felt my cheeks turn a light shade of pink and felt myself smiling stupidly. As I turned to my right I felt a presence in the room and heard a man clear his throat. I turned back to see my father leaning on the door frame.

"Dad! Hey!" I said sitting up quickly. "How long we're you standing there?" I asked.

"Not long, but long enough to hear the 'I love yous'." He said. "So since when do you have a boyfriend?"

"Since never. That was my best friend Oliver, nothing more" I said. "Believe it or not some best friends actually show affection dad"

My dad rolled his eyes and gave me a hug and pat on the head before walking back out the door.

"Don't stay up too late, it's already 10" he said.

"Already?" I said taking my phone to check the time. "Okay thanks dad. Goodnight" I smiled.

"Goodnight" he said walking out.

After he left I walked to my closet opening it to take out a nightgown or pajama's that I knew mum had put in. I had never told her that I was coming but Pepper Potts always knows somehow. That's why I love her. I put on a blue and white button up pajama set that had cute little pandas on them and tied my hair up before falling asleep quickly on my very comfortable bed.