III

"Wake up." Her mother gently said, turning on the lights. Mary got up and sighed. Her mom walked out saying "Breakfast is on the table." And shut the door. Mary looked at her uniform. "This'll be fun." She sarcastically muttered to herself. 

As she put it on she tried to remember anything she could, but nothing was coming to mind. She was frustrated with her situation, but she couldn't do anything about it. Forgetting that she usually put her hair up in pigtails every day, she wore it down for once.

 As she walked out her mom look at her weird, but just kept drinking her coffee thinking she wanted to try something new. "Do I have to go to school?" Mary asked. Her mom scoffed and said "Yes you do!" "But what if I forgot something really important?" Mary asked. "It'll be fine, if anything happens just fake sick and come home early." Her mom reassured her. "Alright, fine." Mary replied, lazily getting herself up. 

"Come on, let's go." Her mom said, grabbing her keys. Mary just groaned and followed her.

As Mary walked onto the school campus, she looked around at people staring at her. Whispering arose from the crowd of people, as Mary just wanted to get out of there. A kid who she slightly recognized came up to her and asked. "Hey you're the kid who lost their memory, right?" She pushed past them, mumbling a response that she didn't even know what she had said. 

As she reached her locker, Itsuki came up to her. "Hey, I heard what happened, are you feeling better now?" Itsuki asked. "Uh yeah, but who are you?" Asked Mary. Itsuki's eyes widened and then fell their natural state and she looked down at the floor.

 Choking on her tears, she replied "N-nobody... don't worry about it." And walked away feeling terrible. Mary felt bad, because she knew that she probably just forgot who Itsuki was. She didn't have the time to pay attention to that though, since the bell just rang. 

She walked into her class, on time. Everyone stared at her, knowing what happened. Mary sat down, trying not to bring too much attention to her. Immediately, Yumeko passed Mary a note that said "Meet me in the lobby after school -Yumeko" 

Mary folded it up again and put it in her pocket. "Who even is this Yumeko girl?" She thought to herself. "And why does she want me to meet her in the lobby? Is she gonna fight me or something? What could she possibly want?" She was thinking to herself. 

"Mary Saotome?!" The teacher now yelled. Mary's ears perked up and she looked up. "Huh?" She asked. "Could you repeat what I just said?" Asked the teacher. Mary gulped and looked down. "N-No sir." She quietly said. "Well you better start paying attention, or else you'll have to go down to the principals office." He said, leaning back on his stool and looking at Mary. "Okay sir." She said, quietly again.

Lunch began and Mary had no clue where to sit, so she just sat in a table in the middle of the cafeteria. The room went silent, and everyone was staring and whispering as the student council walked in. They noticed Mary sitting at their table, and Ririka walked over to her. "I'm sorry, but this is our table." "What do you mean?" Asked Mary. "It means we sit here for lunch, and you don't." Said Yumemi with a fake smile.

 Mary sighed, grabbing her lunch. She began to walk to a table in the corner of the room, as the cafeteria grew more silent and everyone was staring at her. She wanted to just cry, but knowing that it would just make her situation worse, she held it back. 

She was sitting close enough to somebody to hear their conversation, and they said "Did she actually just try to sit at their lunch table?" "Yeah I heard she lost her memory though!" "Oh that makes sense, because nobody in the right mind would ever think to sit there uninvited." They said, and then began laughing. Mary looked down at her food, upset. 

A tear came out of her eye and landed beside her food. She wiped her eye and finished her lunch without saying another word.

School was over, and so Mary was walking to the lobby as Yumeko asked. She walked in, with a crowd of people surrounding her and Yumeko. Yumeko was holding something in her hand, a flower. She began blushing and gulped, then made eye contact with Mary.

 "Listen, I think it's time I finally tell you. We've been friends for a month now and I truly feel something between us. I've always wanted to say this and I'm finally telling you. I love you Mary. I know that you probably don't like me at all, but I want you to know. You mean to much to me, I couldn't bare lying to you. I appreciate our friendship, but I want it to be more. So..." Yumeko said, blushing and handing Mary the rose.

Mary waited a moment, and then said "This is sweet and all, but I have no clue who you even are."