Epilogue - Pt. 1

The Boston Brute Series: Epilogue (Pt. 1)

Pairing: NHL!Chris Evans x Athletic Trainer!Reader (female character)

Summary: When you graduated from Northeastern University, you had your sights set on the West Coast. And then you were offered a position with the Boston Bruins Athletic Training Department. And then you met Chris. A 6′3″, ruggedly handsome hockey player dead set on making your life a living hell by pushing every button and getting on every nerve. Despite your obvious disdain for each other and the 'No Fraternization' clause in your employee contract, you're drawn together in a passionate, fiery love affair that seems to burn everything in its wake.

Warnings: Lots and lots of fluff! Some language, but I think that's all!

W/C: 1.2k

A/N: well, I wasn't expecting to finish this so fast... but here were are hahahaaha

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. All players and scenarios are made up completely. This story does not reflect things that actually happen in the NHL or with its players. Additionally, I talk about Chris's family in this fic. Again, work of fiction and is no reflection of his parents or grandparents in real life.

 Again, work of fiction and is no reflection of his parents or grandparents in real life

"Dammit, Chris." You sighed, standing up from your stool in the corner, peering over Rick as your boyfriend knelt over on the ice, clutching his face.

Why was he always getting hurt? And why was it always his face?

It's been 2 years since Chris bought out your contract with the Kings, moving you back to Boston the week after he flew to New York to see you.

When you came back, neither of you knew exactly what you were going to do. You explored the stay-at-home girlfriend aspect and quickly decided it wasn't for you.

Chris also came to that conclusion when he came home to your new rescue dog, Dodger, one Monday after practice. He loved that dog, though.

Even if he wouldn't admit it out loud.

Right when you were going to accept a job at Boston University, Rick Pearson gave you a call and begged you to come back.

Apparently, Kip was threatening to quit and didn't love the job as much as you did. He was much happier as an assistant.

After signing a contract stating that the Bruins Association wasn't liable if anything happened with your relationship, you were welcomed back to the team with open, sweaty, arms.

Literally.

It might've been worse than the goodbye hug they gave you when you left.

Part of you was irritated, thinking you could've just done that in the beginning when your relationship was first outed, but Rick made it clear that it wasn't until Terry was fired and replaced as GM about 2 or 3 months after you quit, that the no fraternization clause was gotten rid of.