Ch 1. My good "friend" Robin.

Nancy's POV;

My name is Nancy wheeler. I'm your not so 'average' Teenager girl. I'm 19 years old and a senior at Hawkins High. I know how to use firearms better then anyone. Of course my parents don't know so let's keep that a secret! I just got over a huge breakup with my now ex-boyfriend Jonathan Byers. He's the older brother of my younger brother Mike's bestfriend, Will byers. 1 year ago they moved to California Away From Hawkins. Away from all the strangest things.....Mike's girlfriend, El, other known as Jane Hopper, moved with them. It was sad that Will,Jonathan,Eleven, and Joyce were all leaving us. But we hoped for the best! That was until months later...Now that Jonathan and I were in a long-distance relationship, we barley had time to talk on the phone, or even write to each other. I wasn't able to go to California for spring break to see him due to...strange reasons. We are still good friends. We just decided that a relationship like that wasn't the best for us. My good friend Robin Buckley, Steve Harrington's best friend and Partner in crime, Has been by my side through the whole breakup. Robin has been by me through my ups and downs. She says her and Steve's relationship is platonic, With a capital P. Which I'm not jealous or anything, I swear! Since Steve is also my ex but now stayed good friends, I guess I have some jealousy. But I only love him as a friend. Every time I'm with Robin, I have this feeling in my heart. Like as if I'm in love with her. Am I a lesbian? Do I like girls? Do I like guys and girls? I'm still trying to figure myself out just like every girl growing up. Me and Robin have a great connection. But how do I tell her I like her? Most People don't accept people who are in love with the same gender as them. Would she accept who I am? Will we lose our friendship? She wasn't a type of girl to be like "omg did you see what Nick was wearing today?! Eek". Maybe Robin liked girls? I mean she always hanged out with them....ugh! I'm such an overthinker! Maybe I should write her a letter and then slide it into her locker? Yeah. I'll start doing that.
I grabbed my pen and a piece of notebook paper and started to write the letter. I started to write sloppy, due to the anxiety I'm having.

Dear Robin,
I'm glad I met you. I'm glad we are good friends. But there is something I've been hiding for some time now. I know you see me as a perfect pretty popular girl. But you'd probably would think of me differently after reading this letter. Before I write the secret, please note that I'm sorry if you dont accept for who I am. I'm sorry if you dont want to be my friend anymore. I understand why you wouldn't want to be my friend anyway. I mean, I already lost Barb and Fred who were both really good friends of mine. May they rest easy. I'm sorry for everything. Robin, I love you. And I mean..I love you more than a friend. I love you in a romantic way. What's the word they call it? Bisexuality, if I'm right. I guess you could say I'm bisexual. Loving both men and women. Anyways, thank you for everything Robin. ♡

~From your good friend,
Nancy

A single tear drop went down my cheek. I read the letter over 5 times already. I got up and put the letter in a pink envelope stating "to Robin B.♡" I then hid the letter in my backpack. Now I just have to wait for tomorrow's school day to come and slide it into her locker or backpack. Luckily, we do have 2 classes together and lunch, so it should he pretty easy.