Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 10: ᴏʟᴅ ᴘᴜᴘᴘᴇᴛ

Start from the beginning

"Who freed you?" Dipper asked in a quiet tone, a mix of disbelief too. "Who? Do you think I'll just tell you?" Bill's voice didn't have a hit of playfulness anymore. "Look, kid," Bill paused, looking at Dipper. "Me and a certain someone made a deal. They will stay quiet about any of this, and I will be their friend!" Bill said while twirling his cane. "Friend? You're just using them for your own personal, selfish gain!" Dipper felt a sudden burst of anger as he mentioned that he had gotten someone into a troublesome mess. But, instead of Bill being all giddy and sarcastic, he looked at Dipper with a glare. "Personal gain? Sure. But this human is different." Bill said while tapping his cane using his hand. "What do you mean, different?" Dipper questioned while looking at Bill's every move. Bill only stayed quiet while twirling his cane.

"..How about this, Pinetree." Bill finally spoke after staying silent for a few seconds. Dipper skeptically looked at Bill, but he was curious, so he asked. "What is it?" Dipper questioned, looking at the little triangle. "A deal," Bill said straightforwardly, then looking at Dipper with his usual expressionless face. "You know you can't convince me to do a deal with you." Dipper spat back, clearly declining his offer. "You haven't heard me out." Bill rolled his eye in annoyance. Dipper decided to stay quiet. "Your family wants to find this.. 'sunflower' person, I'll help you.." Dipper's eyes widened, and he shook his head almost immediately. "No- we would just be helping you get a lead!" Dipper didn't think this would be a great deal at all, he didn't know who the 'sunflower' person would be, but whoever it was must stay away from Bill.

"I will never commit the same mistakes," Dipper spoke in a stern tone. The way he spoke, the words that let out from his mouth, amused Bill. Despite not being able to see it, Bill was looking down at him, like he was nothing but a bug, waiting to be stepped on to show them where they belonged, and that's how Bill was feeling, amusement.

"You see, Pinetree," Bill paused, moving a little closer to him that made Dipper a little uncomfortable. "You can get a lot of information from me, and I need your help too!" Bill was acting very giddy, he seemed quite cheerful out of all the sudden. "And why would you need my help if you're so 'all knowing'?" Dipper wasn't convinced and after what Bill did in the past, and trying to take over the world years ago, he wouldn't trust the little triangle as easily now, since he knew what Bill was capable of now he's free, and it would be a lot worse if he gets out to the physical world.

Bill looked at Dipper for a few seconds, those few seconds were sending shivers down Dipper's spine but soon, Bill let out an unsettling laugh. "Oh! Silly, silly Pinetree!" Bill spoke in his usual playful tone, despite having that uneasy aura around him. "Silly?" Dipper questioned while looking confused. "I don't need information! Oh, dear, no!" Bill said while dismissing the idea. "All i need is a puppet!" Those words sent a moment of déjà vu within Dipper, but he couldn't connect one by one, his memories of his previous visit of gravity falls were like a small blur, except the part where he spent his summer with the people close to him, and when Weirdmageddon happened.

"You give me the puppet I desperately need, and I'll help you find Sunflower, deal?" Dipper knew better. Bill was a master of manipulation, and he could easily get someone in the palm of his hands if he used the correct temptations. Right now, Bill was using the correct state of words to lure him in. "Is this another manipulation of yours?" Dipper didn't look entirely sure. He was suspicious. Yet, despite being unsure, he was tempted, that's for sure.

"I won't fall for your tricks, Cipher!" Dipper clenched his fist, glaring at Bill with disdain and hatred. "Ouch.. and here I thought you were still capable.." Dipper's eyes widened. "What do you mean..?" Dipper's voice seemed to soften, those words