| xxxi ; guilty conscience

Start from the beginning

"Who're you?" Yuta asked Naoya.

"I'm Naoya Zenin, Maki's cousin," He answered. "I'm also here to kill Itadori. Don't worry, I won't interfere. But in return, even if you kill Itadori, will you refrain from telling your superiors for a while? He's bait for someone I want to meet."

"Very well," Yuta answered. "I leave the other to you."

With those words, the battle had suddenly begun. Yuta sprinted past Choso and towards Yuji. Choso tried to slow him down with a Piercing Blood shot, although Naoya stopped the attack.

Yuji and Yuta were both surprised at each other's speeds. Choso was ready to use his technique again, but Naoya had stopped him.

"I saw you earlier. Blood Manipulation, right?" He asked. "I don't know why you have that... but other than Piercing Blood, it's not that frightening. In order to use Piercing Blood, you need Convergence, which requires charging up. I don't need to say the rest for you to understand. This is checkmate. So now you die."

"No. I'm warning you," Choso cut him off. "Do you think you can leave here alive... after trying to hurt my little brother?"

Meanwhile, away from the underpass, Yuji sprinted over a car resting on its side and leapt over it. Yuta quickly ran to its side, readying his katana. However, Yuji grabbed onto the car and reverses direction, barely avoiding Yuta's attack.

"You're like Y/N," Yuta said after being stunned from how sure he was that he struck Yuji.

"Wait! We can talk this out right?! You're Okkotsu, Y/N-senpai's boyfriend, right?!" Yuji exclaimed while punching the car towards Yuta.

Yuta narrowed his eyes at him, "What is it? Did you see her? Is she okay?"

Yuji shook his head, "She isn't."

"What happened?" Yuta immediately asked him.

"I don't know, but she looked like she had cried," Yuji answered.

Yuta felt his soul leave his body after he heard those words. "Where did she go?"

"We separated but she went somewhere that way," Yuji pointed to the right.

Yuta looked at the direction before he looked back at Yuji, "Sorry, but I still have to kill you. Just trust me, okay?"

Yuji looked confused but that was all Yuta needed to pierce his katana into Yuji's chest. Sukuna was taken aback immediately, but soon a smile replaced his frown.

Yuta quickly made his way over to Choso and Naoya, dragging over the deceased Yuji with him.

Before Choso could react, Yuta struck him down with his fist repeatedly in a second. "Looks like you're hurt, Naoya. Shall I heal you? My Reverse Cursed Technique can heal people. In return... please inform your superiors of Itadori's death."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

After Naoya had left, Yuta summoned out Rika to take care of Yuji while he went to look for Y/N.

He headed towards the east where Yuji had pointed. He looked down at his ring and imbued his cursed energy into it.

"Show me where she is," He ordered. Instantly, Yuta could feel the other ring which also had his cursed energy.