nusranathry

1) Tell us a little about yourself

hello, i'm adi and i'm a senior in high school — studying science and drowning in my overwhelming amount of studies :") i'm an optimistic nihilist, a sucker for philosophy, greek mythologies and a huge weeb. hmu if you want to talk about anime. 

2) How did you discover Wattpad?

i remember discovering wattpad through a youtube video and then after that, it became my home. 

3) How long have you been writing?

i have been writing since i was thirteen and decided to publish my first manuscript when i turned fifteen :) 

4) What genre do you write in? What's your favorite?

i write in fantasy — mostly high fantasy. my favourite is also fantasy, horror, thriller, new adult, teen fiction etc 

5) What do you enjoy most about the writing process? The least?

i literally love everything about writing except for the writer's blocks i keep getting and the procrastination xD i have troubles with keeping up with deadlines, so that's something i don't fancy as well xD 

6) Which of your books are you most proud of? Why?

so far, i have only published two book — one in high fantasy genre and another one in low fantasy. the book that i'm most proud of is my first high fantasy book — the forgotten story of us. writing this book has taught my many things — about writing, about my characters, about my imagination and mostly, it showed me how i'm as a person and i learned a lot about myself through it. this is why i'm proud of it and am looking forward to what else this book is going to give me. 

7) Which of your characters are you most proud of? Why?

ira from the forgotten story of us. i just love his character — i was inspired to write his character by a person that i know irl and he's just another version of them. the character development that he gets throughout the whole story is something i'm so proud of and it makes me smile. 

8) What project(s) are you working on right now?

while working on my current book, i'm also writing a new book that is, of course, in fantasy genre hehe and i'm so excited for it because throughout the years of my writing, my writing has changed drastically and i believe this new book of mine will have changes that are going to be positive. i plan to publish it after i'm done with my current which is going to have a sequel + prequels.

9) What are your strengths in writing? How can you improve?

throughout my three years of writing i have realised that i can create characters with distinct characteristics without mixing or making them dull with other characters, or simply, i think i can create characters with unique traits and characteristic, making them all distinctive and memorable. the thing that i have most trouble with is plot holes -- so i'm currently trying to work on that and improve. any advice is appreciated! 

10) Do you have future milestones? Maybe publication, a certain readership, etc. 

currently, i don't have any plans about that and am just writing for fun and cause i love to do so :) 

11) Do you have any tips for other aspiring writers? 

[ write. practice. repeat ] make writing a daily part of your routine — a little writing everyday is better than writing a lot once in a month. even a paragraph is fine, but DO make sure you write everyday. it helps a lot because practise makes perfect. :) good luck to everyone who is writing, weaving words, creating a world, using their imagination and letting others to have a peak at it as well. <3 -adi