chapter seventeen | panic on the rise

Comenzar desde el principio

Suddenly and probably not at the best time, Jackson walked up with Allison next to him. Lydia saw and her face lit up, a smile stretching her lips, "Jackson. You look handsome."

"Obviously." Jackson then narrowed his eyes at both Lydia and Clara, "It's Hugo Boss."

With that, Jackson walked away with Allison on his arm. Lydia took a deep angry breath as she began on a rant, "I don't care. I don't want compliments. I will not fall prey to society's desire to turn girls into emotional, insecure neurotics who pull up their dresses at the first flattering remark."

All Clara did was nod, "Preach."

"Well I think you look beautiful." Stiles complimented sweetly. Clara smiled at him and pulled her black cardigan closer to her, realizing that his infatuation for Lydia was deeper than she thought.

Lydia looked at him, a genuine smile plastered on her lips, "Really?"

Stiles then whipped around, both arms out for the girls to take. Clara giggled as both her and Lydia wrap their arms on either side of Stiles and began to walk towards the entrance of the school. Never has Clara thought that Stiles would be walking in with two girls to the winter formal.

The school went really out this year and did a pretty damn good job. Different colored and silk strimmers hanged from the ceiling along with a live band, blue lights slowly flashing around the room and a bunch of white tables where couples could sit at. Clara spotted Jackson with Allison and Danny near the punch bowl, probably a spiked punch bowl but same thing. Her eyes shifted around, glancing at all the other girls around and noticed that a majority of them were wearing colored short dresses, not white ones like hers. Again, for once in her life Clara felt a tad bit insecure.

She sniffed out Scott and spotted him hiding near one of the bleachers. Not very subtle since Coach Finstoke was right across the room from the bleachers and could easily spot him. The three sat at an empty table since Lydia was in a mood and Clara didn't necessarily feel like dancing at the moment. What Clara really hoped for was for Lydia to see what a great guy Stiles was and date him but that was most likely not going to happen.

But once Stiles saw Allison started to awkwardly dance with Jackson merely feet away from their table, he figure he might as well ask Lydia, "You wanna dance."

"Pass." Lydia remarked as Clara watched from across the table, feeling like this was a scene from a movie that was going to go terribly wrong.

But finally after many, many years of waiting, Stiles Stilinski was taking a stand. He stood up with a frustrated look on his face, "You know what? Let me try that again. Lydia - get off your cute little ass and dance with me now."

Clara rose her eyebrows, slightly surprised at his behavior but Lydia didn't think anything of it, "Interesting tactic. I'm gonna stick with no."

"Lydia, get up - okay? You're gonna dance with me. I don't care that you made out with my best friend for some weird power thing, I don't-" Stiles paused for a moment, exhaling as he began to rant once more; Lydia and Clara looking at him intently, "Lydia, I've had a crush on you since the third grade. And I know that somewhere inside that cold, lifeless exterior there's an actual human soul. And I'm also pretty sure that I'm the only one who knows how smart you really are. Uh - huh. And that once you're done pretending to be a nitwit - you'll eventually go off and write some insane mathematical theorem that wins you the Nobel Prize."

Clara smiled widely, feeling the urge to say some witty comment about his speech or to stand up and cheer for her friend. Stiles Stilinski actually grew a pair and told his crush how he felt. This night must be full of wonders.