"Should I be taking offense?" Carson questioned, taking off the lid of her cup and drinking it slowly. 

"No! Not at all. It's just so bright here and you're so.."

"Dark?" Carson squinted her eyes at Hailee, forcing the girl to break down into a nervous wreck. Carson wanted this from Hailee. Hailee was just as confident as her, and the Darik girl didn't want that. She loved the control, and it was so much better when she had to earn it. 

"You're not dark! You're just quiet...and calm. You act like yourself no matter the occasion. These people," Hailee looked around to the ritzy people talking amongst the shop, "they act and they lie every day. You're entirely true. I adore it." 

Carson smiled slightly, allowing Hailee to see her smiley piercing once more. Hailee was expecting some type of blush, or some show of appreciation, but there was none. And it drove her insane. Carson stood there, just showcasing that smug smile that made Hailee question everything. 

"Do you want to do something fun?" The question was ominous, similar to person asking it. Hailee furrowed her eyebrows, looking down at Carson's hand which was extended. Hailee looked deep into Carson's eyes, seeing absolutely nothing. Her heart was racing, adrenaline clouding her brain. Carson took this moment to lean closer to Hailee, her lips hovering right near the brunette's ear lobe. "I know you want to have fun" 

Like putty, Hailee melted. It wasn't a slow melt like you'd see with butter, but rather a dramatic and lust driven flux. 

Their hands interlocked, thus initiating something much more powerful than both of the girls anticipated. 

HAILEE was confused as she stepped out of the black Porsche, looking up at the rather tall building in front of her. Tiny drops had begun to fall from the sky as Carson joined her from the other side of the car. 

Carson threw her keys to the valet guy, winking at him, receiving a grim smile back. This confused Hailee beyond words, but she decided to think nothing of it. 

"You coming?" Carson asked quietly, holding open the door to this building. Hailee nodded, gulping as she hurried up, walking into the building. The Steinfeld girl thanked Carson, making the rockstar nod and walk over to an elevator. It was now that Hailee realized the beauty of this building. It was tall and bright on the inside, a large chandelier hanging in the center of the lobby. 

Hailee looked around, her eyes meeting a large sign over a long, black reception desk. The sign read, 'Darik'. 

"You own this place?" Carson turned around smiling slightly, as the elevator door slid open. Hailee followed Carson into the elevator, seeing her press the top button. The silence in the elevator was nerve racking, yet comforting. The smell of Carson calmed Hailee to an extent as the singer waited for the elevator doors to open back up. 

When they did, Hailee stepped out first into a gorgeous room. It was darker than the lobby, the walls covered with black themed artwork. It was clear to Hailee that either she was in Carson's house, or some other place that Carson owned. 

"Where are we?" Hailee's question was followed with several lights turning on. The lights allowed Hailee to see the full beauty of the room. It was massive, large windows surrounding the front of the room. These windows showcased the beautiful city that was New York. Hailee's jaw dropped in admiration, as she slowly let her feet carry her to the windows. 

It was pouring out now, rain smacking the glass windows. Hailee watched as people on the street ran to their cars, umbrellas protecting them from the storm. Letting her hand rise to the glass, Hailee smiled at the city. A crack of thunder made Hailee jump, but the feeling of warm, soft hands on her back calmed her. The hands were soft, and paralyzing.