001. the gala

march 2020

"What do you mean I can't wear platforms?" Carson pouted, glancing over at her best friend who was already giving her a look. The singer looked through the clothes in her dressing room once more, groaning at the thought of putting something nice on.

"It's a gala sweetheart. A charity gala. Unfortunately ripped tights, 6 inch platforms, and upside crosses won't do." Madison's sarcasm made Carson hold up her middle finger, both girls chuckling slightly to themselves.

"How about this?" Carson held up a beautiful, yet risky white dress.

"I mean-if you're trying to impress a hot girl, yes. In front of rich, old, men, then no."

"I like hot girls. So fuck the men, we ball." The two girls laughed a little together, continuing to get ready. The two girls just worked so well together, always using endless sarcasm to drag on pointless conversations. The two truly loved one another, and their bond was that of sisters.

Once the two were ready, and almost ready to go, Knox ran in, knocking over some stuff with his arm.

"Knox what the fuck." Madison said as she picked up her mascara.

"My bad. Looking for my....aha!" Knox grabbed her baggie of weed from under Carson's bed. Both girls rolled their eyes as their friends exited the room with a slight wobble to his walk. "Oh and the car is here." He poked his head back in then left right after.

"Baby you missed some..." Madison grabbed her concealer and dabbed some on Carson's neck. The girl had quite the promiscuous attitude, receiving new hickies almost every other night. The older singer made sure the hickies were no longer visible, then fixed some of Carson's hair.

"Thanks beautiful." Carson blew Madison a kiss, looking at her appearance. "We look good."

"Sexy as fuck for sure."

WHEN the girls arrived to the gala, their guy friends quickly helped them from the car. Axel held onto Carson's arm, guiding her through the flashing lights of the paparazzi.

Their questions were invasive nevertheless, but Carson learned to tone that stupid crap out. Anyone who spent their lives taking unexpected pictures of someone's private life automatically was stupid to Carson.

Axel helped Carson all the way into the gala, holding her arm protectively. When the group made it to the bar, Carson tapped the boys hand, signaling that it was okay to let go now. Axel listened quickly, removing his hand from Carson's skin.

"Can I get you anything?" The bartender came up behind the group and asked.

"I'll take a shot of your strongest vodka." Carson winked, pulling a cigarette from her pocket. The girl reached across Madison's lap and into Blaze's pocket, grabbing his lighter.

"Car...we're at a gala."

"When has that ever stopped me?" Carson had a point and Madison knew she did. The young singer was a rule breaker. She always had been. Carson had a taste for causing trouble. But that's why the group of friends always had so much fun. They were all troublemakers.