𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Start from the beginning

    Anakin sits on the edge of her bed so Astrid was now sitting on his lap. His hands move up from her thighs to her waist, rubbing soothing circles into her skin, "what's going on, baby? Why are you so down?"

    Astrid tightens her hold on his neck, a small sob falling from her lips. No words would fall out even if she tried, all she could do was cry. The warmth of Anakin's body had let Astrid relax her tense muscles, but it didn't rid her of the overwhelming emotions she felt. She had yet to tell Anakin about Damon's existence or lack thereof because it just never came up.

    Seeing her this way made Anakin frown, he wanted to take away all of her pain and suffering. It wasn't every day Astrid would break down, in fact, she'd never broken down in front of him before. He knew she was good at handling her emotions and was extremely calm, so seeing her like this was like hot knives being stabbed through his chest.

    So for now, he just held her and comforted her to the best of his ability without knowing the cause of her mood. He knew she'd tell him eventually, and if she wasn't ready to tell him, he wasn't going to push her. But one thing was for certain, if this pain was caused because of someone hurting her, he'd rain hell on their life.

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

    THE WARM SOAPY WATER WRAPPED ASTRID IN BLISS, it was soothing. Baths had always been a source of comfort for Astrid growing up. The warm water was like a needed hug that would last a long time. Every night, as a child, the Queen would give her kids a bath, to get their minds clear of any worry or stress from the day. It was a trick she had learned from her own mother.

    Astrid's back leaned back against Anakin's who leaned back against the cool marble bathtub–if you could even call it that, it was massive. His arms wrapped around Astrid's bare torso as she fiddled with his metal arm.

   For the first time in hours, she felt whole. The feeling of Anakin's heartbeat on her back kept her grounded in reality, it kept her from floating in her head. Astrid let her head rest against the Jedi Knight's chest with a satisfied sigh.

   Moments like these were so intimate, that they brought the two lovers closer. Anakin felt the same way. His eyes watched Astrid lovingly as she messed with the different parts of his metal limb. She looked perfect like this, bare of any clothing and in his arms. It joyed him that no one but himself would get to see her so vulnerable.

    "I'm sorry you had to see me as such a mess today," Astrid's voice was hushed and rough from the hours of crying prior. She looks up to meet Anakin's face. He looked slightly angry, jaw tense and eyebrows slightly furrowed, but his eyes were soft, loving, and tender.

    "Don't say stuff like that," his metal arm holds her jaw delicately in a way that she can't look away from him. "You weren't a mess, you were grieving. Don't apologize for that. My love, I am here for you always."

    He brings his head down, lips capturing Astrid's in a passionate kiss. The man wanted her to know that he'd love her in any state no matter what. And it was working.

    Astrid had never felt so safe and loved. The cool metal holding her jaw was comforting, though it definitely wouldn't be if it was anyone else.

    When they part, Astrid could fight the smile on her lips. The first smile since the day had begun. She felt at peace.

    "There it is," Anakin coos, his hand slipping from her jaw to her cheek, a metal finger tracing her dimples, "your perfect smile."

    Astrid's smile grows wider, flicking a piece of the suds on his nose, "stop that, you flirt."

   "Mmm, I don't know, I like watching you blush," he grins, pressing a hot kiss on her neck. The man doesn't stop the steamy kisses, leaving a few love bites here and there. It was his way of marking what was his.

   Astrid's body tenses at the kisses, not because she was uncomfortable, but because she was getting a bit needy. It had been weeks since they'd last seen each other because of a mission Anakin had to go on.

   After a few more kisses, Astrid huffs, spinning around to face Anakin in the tub. Water splashes over the side of the tubs at the sudden movement but she didn't care. Her hands press against Anakin's chest as her lips kiss up to his jaw to his ear. Her minty breath fans against his ear, goosebump erupting on the man's skin, "we're playing my way today, alright, my pretty boy?"

    All Anakin could do was nod, cheeks flushed and heart racing. 

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐨𝐡 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥

𝐢 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐋𝐌𝐅𝐀𝐎𝐎 

𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥. 

𝐢 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝!

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈