Chapter 13: A New Year's Wish

Start from the beginning

Garroth looked back at you and Zane just you headed inside and shook his head once more before following after Laurance who could only be inquisitive about what was going on in his best friend's head.

=•∆•=

"Let me guess, Aphmau invited you too." You smirked as you walked up to Aaron.

"You mean she invited you too? I would've thought Garroth and Laurance would've invited you personally."

You could hear a small undertone of teasing in the males voice and you chuckled.

You enjoyed the banter between the two of you. It made what happened upon your first encounter of one another seem like an embarrassing but distant memory.

"Oh they did. They came knocking on Zane's door looking for me and everything."

"You were in Zane's house?"

A small chuckle slipped your lips,

"It just so happens that I was. Nothing weird though. The power went out on our end and he had a backup generator so he offered to let me stay and use his electricity in exchange for some baked goods."

"Huh. That's oddly..Out of character. I could be wrong though." Aaron said.

You nodded but then shrugged.

"Deep down, I know that Zane is a great person. It's just hard to see that because he buries his feelings so far inside himself you think he's mean."

A smile etched it's way onto the man's lips.

"You've been here so long you're beginning to sound like Aph."

"I'll take that as a compliment since I know you think very highly of her." You teased.

A faint, almost unnoticeable blush made its way to his face and he was about to respond when his name was called.

"Hey! Hey (Y/N)!" Aphmau said as she came up to the both of you with her usual gleaming smile.

"Hey, took awhile for you to get here, huh?"

"Sorry about that! Celestia wouldn't go down for a nap."

"Heh, well, dogs can be stubborn sometimes. Glad you showed up."

"Thanks! I'll be back in a second, I'm gonna go say high to everyone and see if they're doing good. C'mon (Y/N)!"

The ravenette took your arm and led you off to greet everyone else at the party.

Soon she jumped back in surprise.

"H-Hey? Jeffory!"

"Hey there beautiful! Long time no see! Ah and I see you you have a new beautiful friend! What's her name?"

Your cheeks flushed lightly at the forward nature of the green eyed man.

"This is (Y/N). She moved in with Lucinda not too long ago and she's a good friend of ours. I think you'll get along with her quite well. Although she's a bit shy at first."