Lessons

The new building he'd been transferred too had small beds built for toddlers in the back and multiple dressers that had clothes for all to share. It didn't matter if the Skeleton was male or female, they were just toddlers anyway. In the main area of the building was filled with all sorts of toys that were sewen for the little Skeletons. Here the fundamentals would be learned. They would learn to dress in clothes, eat on their own, share, most of that toddler stuff. It was where Sans would also start his training as the new Tine. As the next head of the clan, the Seemas had to be stricter on him about being nice to his uha's and eha's and he had to act like a leader, not a toddler. And for a two and a half year old, that was really REALLY hard. "Papyma! A Tine does not throw a fit over shirts!" Being a baby, especially a sickly baby, Sans had never worn a shirt before. His soul needed to be exposed for quick healing purposes. But now, he had to learn to cover his soul since it was a more intimate part of a Skeletons form. He wasn't taking it well. "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!" He was screaming. Many other Seema's tried to calm him of his panicked fit. "What is going on in here?"

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Seema Spectral wasn't one to be crossed. She intimidating to most due to her age. She was quite literally the oldest Skeleton in the clan. Some argued that she lived during the time of Fraktur himself. That was all speculation though. She didn't take crap from anyone, not even the Tine himself and even Sans knew that, as young as he was. He shut up immediately. Spectral's magic flashed for a second as she shuffled over to the young Heir. "Papyma Sans... were you giving your Seemas trouble." Sans hesitated and shook his head. Seema Spectral was quick to fit a shirt on him. "You will wear a shirt, Papyma, it is the proper thing to do." Sans opened his mouth, closed it, then opened it again. "why?"
"Complicated adult stuff that you will understand when you are older, now go on and play. And be nice." She warned the little tot. "Seema Spectral, don't you think he's to young to have him shouldering the Heir title?" One of the males asked. "Not in the least. It's best to start learning young so he grows into a respectable young Skeleton that his Tine will be proud to hand the title over to." Many Skeletons did disagree, but nobody dared argue. Despite her age, she was powerful.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Sans was a quick study. By the time he turned three, he mostly understood his position amongst the others, even the four year olds. What was his position? For now he was just a mediator amongst his peers. He occasionally showed small amounts of leadership through friendly suggestions. He still had a lot to learn, but it was a great start. "Phalanges out of the mouth, Sans!" Some of his younger seemas didn't really use Papyma for the younger generation since they were both still learning respect and were not to much older. Eight at the oldest. Sans blinked at the small seema as he continued to suck on his phalanges, nearly his entire fist. The young seema had to pry his hand way. "Out of the mouth! Big Skeletons don't do that! You wanna be a big Skeleton, right?" Sans seemed to ponder the question and bobbed his head. He wanted to be a big Skeleton like the Tine and the seemas and Seema Spectral who seemed to have the biggest impact on his life thus far.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Sans liked outside time. Under the careful watch of the seemas, they could roam the compound and explore their home. It always bewildered Sans to see just how BIG the world was. How many Skeletons there really was. Not all of them worked with the children, after all. There were farmers, blacksmiths, sewers and crafts workers, scientists, housekeepers, maintenance workers, etc. To say Skeletons were a bountiful species was an understatement. As a species that lived for hundreds of years, reproduced rather quickly, if their souls were compatible because that DID matter there was a reason why it was so hard to get Sans I to the world, and had yearly heat/rut cycles, there were hundreds of Skeletons. Sans scrambled to get away. He wanted to see as much as possible before he had to go back. He ran through the grass and Skeletons as fast as his small feet could carry him. He tripped and stumbled a lot, but it didn't stop him any. At least, not until he ran into someone.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"Well, well, what are you doing all the way over here, Papyma Sans?" It was none other than the Tine. Nanum smiled at his son. "You know, I was just about to speak to some of the Seemas about the affairs of the world around us, would you like to join me in work?" He held his hand out to Sans who took it. He knew Tine Nanum well. He visited a lot when he was on his rounds. He would play with Sans sometimes and teach him big words. The first one he ever taught Sans? Constellation. The boy wouldn't shut up after he'd learned to pronounce it correctly. The Tine led Sans to a big, mostly empty room with chairs like thrones in a circle. Many of the chairs were taken up by older Skeletons. Some looked almost as old as Seema Spectral, many looked younger. They were all surprised by the Papyma being lead in. "My Heir will be sitting in for his lessons today." Tine Nanum stated. "The Papyma won't be a distraction, will he?" Nanum shook his head. "He will not." And Sans wasn't. He seemed to take it all in with curious silence.