49. Contemplations

Start from the beginning

As soon as Nate commanded, a guard rushed towards them. "Alpha." He bowed.

"Find our Dr. Sylvester and Dr. Vanity's chamber and escort him there."

The guard mind-linked someone to find out about their chamber.

"Follow him." Nate told Sean and left.

Sean nodded his head. He trudged behind the guard to his parent's chamber. The guard knocked at the door.

"Who is it?" came a voice.

"It's me mom. Open the door."

The door opened, revealing Vanity Windsor. The guard left. Vanity pulled Sean inside by his shoulders. "Where were you, Sean?" She asked sharply.

"With Nate." Sean gave a curt reply.

"Pack your bags. You're going back home." Vanity ordered.

"Wait for Ariana to get well. We'll return together then."

Sylvester and Vanity looked at each other in worry and panic. Sylvester got up and cleared his throat before speaking. "Sean, it's clear Ariana is his mate. You're wasting your time and putting yourself in danger for nothing. Stay away from the King. Go home."

Sean scrunched up his face as if his father had said something absurd. "Dad, you do realize that I am supposed to take over the family business someday. So it's not like I can avoid him."

That was the exact concern of Sylvester and Vanity Windsor. Ariana was likely to be with Xavier and their son would have to endure seeing them together for the rest of his life.

Vanity slowly sat down on the bed and her eyes has started to moisten. She was worried for her son's life and happiness when she heard Sylvester say, "You know Sean, I had many flings when I was your age because at your age, there is no such thing are serious relationships or commitment."

Vanity's smiled sadly. She had met Sylvester in college and at Sean's age, he had already asked her to marry him and she had agreed.

"You may think now that Ariana is the one," Sylvester continued, "but the fact is she is not. She had been paired with someone else. That means there is someone out there for you but it isn't her. Do you understand my logic?"

Sean was listening quietly.

"And you two aren't compatible because you two are different species. You can make Ariana happy, but what about her wolf? You're understanding what I am trying to say, right?"

"Dad!"

"Sylvester, you're disgusting!" Vanity shrieked.

"Oh shut up you mother and son. We are a family of doctors."

The atmosphere had lightened. Sean looked at his parents sincerely and said, "Mom Dad, I know you're worried. But trust me, I know my limits. I won't do anything stupid."

Vanity and Windsor nodded his head at him. They had faith in their son.

Inside the dimly lit dungeon cell, Narcisse chuckled. "Yes, you will."

**~~~**

"Wake up and open the door!"

Nate groaned lightly when he heard muffled sounds. He realized the voice belonged to Ivory. He did not bother getting up. There was pause before he heard thumping on the door.

"Wake up Nathaniel!"

This time it was his mother. So, he woke up in a half-awake state and searched for robes.

"I heard you getting off the bed. Open the door!" Ivory shouted.

"Wait. I am putting on my robes." an irritated Nate replied. He slipped his naked body inside the robes and walked up to the door to open it, letting his mother and sister inside.

"You possibly did not think that we would not discuss what happened at the celebration." said Ivory as she took a seat on the sofa. So did Luna Iria.

"Your human friend caused quite a drama." Luna Iria commented.

"This is your fault anyways, mother!" Nate snapped. "You were the one who insisted that all of us stay for Duchess Lily's birthday. Had you not done so, Ariana would not have been here and Sean would have just received his award and returned to the Human World."

"Because I had a plan, Nathaniel!" Luna Iria countered.

"What plan? To unite Ariana and Xavier?"

"No. To unite you and Ariana!" Luna Iria yelled.

"Not this again." Nate huffed and rolled his eyes. Luna Iria stood up and yanked his arm. "If your human friend had not shown up, His Majesty would not have dared to reveal that Ariana is his actual mate. And then, I would have said that you and Ariana are mates. But now that the secret is already out, His Majesty might as well claim Ariana back as damage has occurred anyway."

Nate looked at her in dejection. "Why would I try to be with Ariana knowing that Sean loves her?"

"Oh humans and their love!" Luna Iria scoffed. "As if it means something."

Nate remained silent.

Luna Iria continued. "Your human friend can marry any human girl. Divorce ten times. Sprint and hop across the world. But think about your pack, Nathaniel. Ziram needs a Luna and an heir. Our subjects require a stable family to look up to so that righteousness and familial values prevail."

"Well too bad your plan is futile now. Close the door on your way out." Saying that Nate went back to bed, pulled up the covers and snuggled down.

"I could still take a chance." said Luna Iria. She walked out of the room, followed by Ivory. They didn't close the door.