𝖛. A Touch of Normalcy

05.

a touch of normalcy

Log: July 2018

WEST TOKYO, EISHUU JUVENILE DETENTION CENTER 

A POTENTIALLY SPECIAL GRADE CURSED SPIRIT <Name Unknown>

Jujutsu windows confirm a Cursed Womb hovering over the training field at Eishuu Juvenile Detention Center in West Tokyo City. Currently, five inmates are trapped inside the Detention Center Building along with the Cursed Womb. Four students from the Tokyo Prefectural Jujutsu Specialty High School were dispatched to the scene. 

Among the four first-years dispatched, two were reported dead. 

═════ ◈ ═════

Akane has become accustomed to being abandoned. 

It has just become a fact that she was forced to come to terms with eventually. At first, it made Akane confused- as a child she would watch how other kids her age laughed more often than she did as they hung out with each other- Akane never even went to a proper school until Gojo practically forced the Amano's to send Akane to Jujutsu Tech. Although her silver-haired teacher claimed to have 'convinced' her mother, Akane knows it's far from what the truth is. 

The dual-toned girl also managed to avoid contact with her family for the last few days, ever since Sukuna has made his resurrection known to the jujutsu world in the form of Itadori Yuuji. Her mother has been wanting to 'discuss some matters' with Akane, and for good reason. But Akane is simply not ready for that dreaded conversation with Amano Akito - not when Akane knows that her mother would only state what she already knew, that her stupid sacred string was bound with the same Curse who tore down the Amano's legacy as though the clan was a mere anthill. 

Akane doesn't want to have that conversation under any circumstances now, lest she break down in front of her mother and then be criticised for being weak and a shame to the Amano Clan. How is she to face her mother, who trusted her with the Mikazuki Katana? That sword was the sole source of hope the Amano's had for Akane, and Sukuna has snapped it like a twig. Her family knows she's doomed, but they somehow found a loophole by tying another string of fate to Akane- Itadori Yuuji's execution. 

The thought of that alone made Akane's blood boil. Who is she kidding? She'd rather kill the remaining members of her clan than strike a blade at Yuuji. Or at anyone, for that matter. But if there's one thing that Akane is absolutely sure about, it is that Yuuji does not deserve this fate at all. 

Amidst all this, her mind suddenly wanders to her father who has treated her nothing like a father should a daughter. Ever since the moment that Akane was born, Zenba Hayato looked at her like she was scum. It broke Akane's heart, although she would never admit it. Her father wants nothing more than to kill Akane, she's a monster- a curse- she'll bring more ruination to  Amano's than Ryomen Sukuna ever did, mark my words. 

Akane hates that a part of her believes that he's right. A part of her always knew that she'll never be able to fulfil the mission that her family entrusted her with, Sukuna's reincarnation was a mere confirmation of her prolonged doubts.

She hates that. She hates herself for that. But she will never let that show. There's nothing worse than being vulnerable. 

"Oi, Akane?"