37 - 𝙰𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

Start from the beginning

"I don't know about you, but I just can't let what happened slide, Chiyo. Don't you think the story they gave us is full of holes?"

"Kotone senpai is right," Shoko quietly agreed.

The tension between the two seniors was escalating quickly. Normally, Shoko would not involve herself in arguments, but this one's a different case. "And Suguru, too. It doesn't make sense."

"I'll look into it myself," Satoru joined the conversation out of nowhere. Not that he cared about the argument, he just wanted to make sure you wouldn't be suspected. "If it concerns Suguru, then I'll do it instead."

"Where's (F/n)?," Shoko inquired immediately after seeing your absence.

"My room," Satoru answered nonchalantly. "She said she's sleepy already."

"Idiot," Shoko cursed under her breath. "She has a room for a reason, why bring her to yours?"

"She's my girl for a reason," Satoru smirked. "Why bring her to hers?"

Miura approached him with a knowing grin, chuckling. Then, his expression suddenly turned dead serious, "what did you do to my favorite kouhai, eh?"

Satoru's eyes widened, but it was quickly replaced by a playful smirk. He pulled away, heading to the door. "I'll be out to the convenience store~"

──❍──

"Wow, are you sure that's gonna fit you?," a voice interrupted Satoru's focus. He turned around to find the playful senior peering on the selection of packets in his hand.

"I thought you'll stay with them?"

"I did leave an illusion of me asleep on the couch so they won't notice I'm gone. Unless they touch that illusion, of course," Miura shrugged. "So, mind telling me why you're out at 2 am? I see people getting emotional at this hour, but I've never seen anyone going out to buy that."

Satoru held back his laughter, pink tinting the tip of his ears. It was unusual for him to lose face but he was literally caught red-handed. "I almost..." He sighed, smiling as he thought about your flushed expression.

"Oh wow, how responsible, Toru-chan. I've raised you well." The senior reached up for his head and patted it, enjoying Satoru's momentary tameness. "But I advice you to look at the size before buying."

Satoru flipped the packet, only to realize it was the smallest size. Another thing caught his interest. "Flavor? Do they have blueberry?"

The senior's eyes widened and he quickly turned away, distracting himself with the gums and chocolates. "That's for...oral. Don't use it when...uh... why the fuck am I even here?"

"Senpai, do you think banana flavor is good?"

"Ask the cashier or someone else."

"Yo, what's your best seller?"

After getting reprimanded by his senior for asking about condom flavours so openly, the two of them sat under the parasol outside the convenience store and bonded over spicy instant noodles.

"Wooh, it's good," Satoru exclaimed while huffing like a dragon as the heat spread all over his mouth. It had been a while since he ate instant noodles- the last one being with Suguru who introduced him to the world of konbini food.

"Right?," Miura grinned while his chopsticks swirled around the reddish broth. "So, mind telling me why you're actually out this time?"

So, he really was not buying the idea of Satoru running to the convenience store for some packets?