Desperation overcame Kaede. Not because she herself desperately wanted to get free from Dabi's grip, but because of the others. She was desperate because Fumikage and Mezo did not move and because she did not see Izuku. She was desperate because she didn't know if they were even alive. She was distraught because Shoto was wrapped up by the girl and she only saw his eyes. His eyes that begged for help. Eyes that had already given up. She was desperate because Katsuki was still stuck in the crevice and now the other two villains were coming towards him too. She saw wet Death walking towards Mezo. He had not forgotten that Izuku was also there. "Leave them alone!" Kaede tried to free herself from Dabi's grip, but it was too firm. The heat of the flames brought tears to her eyes. A loud explosion caught her attention. Katsuki had fired an explosion at his own foot to free himself from the gap, even if he had injured his foot in the process. He catapulted himself into the air and flew towards wet. On landing, Katsuki fell to the side, but pulled wet with him. They scuffled as both used their Quirk at the same time. "I will not let you kill that frail Deku!" It was a race against time to see who would lose consciousness first. Kaede thought it was Bakugo who would win, but she forgot about the other villains. Katsuki's head fell to the side and he looked at her. The villain stirred from the burns, but the butterfly girl walked up to Katsuki. The students lay on the ground, defeated. Neither of them could change anything. They were powerless.

"I can't save us." That was all she wanted at that moment. To know her friends were safe. With Aizawa or with Vlad, but she was the only one there. Tears formed in her eyes, clouding her vision. Her thoughts raced as she searched for a final solution. The muscular villain walked slowly towards Mezo to kill Izuku. She had to save him, she had to do something. She tried to concentrate and use her Quirk, but it didn't work, she felt nothing. Her Quirk was useless. She was unable to regulate her Quirk if she continued to hold back, but something inside her still resisted working with her Quirk. In a last attempt to do something, she picked up dirt with her hand and threw it at Dabi. Although the dirt burned away directly, Dabi did not see the kick coming, which she kicked against his abdomen. She rolled away quickly and got unsteadily to her feet. At least, she still could fight with hand to hand combat. "Which one of them do we take, they are all immobilised?" Airin placed a boot on Katsuki's head and applied pressure. He struggled but it was no use, he had used up all his strength. "You fucking piece of shit villain!" The muscular villain turned around and locked at Dabi. "We'll take the first runner-up, that's what attracts the most attention." "I will not allow you to take anyone here!" Kaede's voice sounded strong despite her doubts. The villains surrounded her. "How will you do that? You are powerless, strengthless. You are losing. You can't save them. No one here. You are weak." "You are right, I am weak. I was afraid and hesitant to use my true power because I was afraid of the consequences." She wiped tears from her face. "But a true hero has to be selfless in such a situation, doesn't he? I have to let go, if not for myself, then for others." The villains eyed her critically. "What is she talking about?" "Doesn't matter, call Kurogiri, we're leaving."

For Kaede, time stopped. She took a deep breath, became aware of what she had been suppressing and not allowing all this time, and when she exhaled, it all came over her in a single moment. While she had used her Quirk earlier, she blanked out that part, the destructive part. But now she needed it to save the others, even if it caused her immense pain. It wasn't just the pain of her legs and arms and the burns on her body that made her gasp. She felt the feelings she hadn't wanted to acknowledge all this time, feelings she didn't want to experience. A hole in her heart, because she was not only filled with feelings, but also with emptiness. As she sobbed, she turned her gaze to the villains. They all went to their knees under her gaze. "What is this? What is she doing?" "None of this was on the list!" Kaede smiled. "What list? Did you have information about us students? I'm pretty sure my file says I can only use other people's feelings for my Quirk. But it's not true. Aizawa had written it in for my protection. I can use my own feelings, but you will regret bringing me this far." She looked around to make sure no one was getting too close to her friends. "I never actually wanted to wield my power, I never wanted to use it. I'm destructive and I wanted to be nice, but you know what?" Kaede stepped towards the villains. "You made me mad. I will exterminate you and you yourselves are the only ones to blame." Kaede walked up to the villain standing by Katsuki and dragged her off him. "Come here." The butterfly girl was jerked around and stumbled to the others of the LOV. "One strike." Kaede put everything into that blow. Everything she was feeling right now that she hadn't felt in ages. Just before she struck, she stumbled. She could feel the pain now and was not used to it, so she landed on the ground in front of the villains. Nevertheless, the blow had an incredibly violent effect. Golden light blinded everyone in the clearing and a gust of wind ripped out trees and swept the villains away. Kaede tried to protect her comrades with pressure and luckily she succeeded. When she opened her eyes, there was not a single tree within 500 metres and the villains were nowhere to be seen. Kaede slumped and held her head. Without the villains, she could no longer concentrate on anything. She felt it in her head, the feelings of the others, stronger than usual. And her own feelings were also taking over, tearing her apart from the inside. She was shaking and wanted to throw up, but could only spit blood. Control slipped away and cracks formed on the floor until she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned and saw Katsuki looking at her. "That was badass."