Prologue|『𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 2』𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫

Chapter 2
The purity of fear

"Ares! Ares, wake up Ares!" the woman screamed in pain, her forehead wrinkled as sweat painted her beautiful pale skin

"Ares! Ares, wake up Ares!" the woman screamed in pain, her forehead wrinkled as sweat painted her beautiful pale skin. A tear ran down her cheeks as she fought a contraction, grasping the sheets behind her, she let out another heart-piercing scream as she tried to wake up her husband. "Ares! I think the baby is coming! ARES!" she cried out, her back arched as she palmed softly the lower of her belly. The man seemed to move after all the yelling and kicking his wife was doing.

They have been together for twelve years, their first encounter was abrupt and fearful for the woman, as the man was ruthless and heartless. His aura is cold in her warm heart, and his eyes are dark as quicksand trying to pull her in for the kill. She was just seventeen years old back then and meeting such an intimidating man made her feel scared, but he wasn't enough to take her fire away, her fire was the one that consumed the man, he became warm with time, and he started to love the woman more than anything. He fell for the pure woman instantly, but his being soft was never in the equation back then. He was and still is ruthless to everyone that poses a threat to him. Everyone fears him, only his wife and family matter to him, and everyone else will die without second thoughts if ever thinks of harming them.

"Ares, my dear husband," she whisper-yelled at the man, which still was in a daze, completely oblivious to what was happening, nuzzling in her neck, kissing softly the warm skin, "I swear Ares, if you don't wake up right now, I will go and stay with my brother until you come begging him to let me go!" she threatened as another contraction came. She grasped the man's wrist and squeezed until blood was dripping from his skin. That made the man wake up immediately. The man's eyes widened in fear, "Amelia, what the hell is happening? Why are you giving birth so early?! Ivan! Call a fucking ambulance! The man roared as he stood up from the bed, rushing to dress up.

After doing so, he quickly picked his wife up and rushed out of the room. "Ares, I am scared, the baby..." the woman whined in pain, as tears ran down on her pale cheeks. "Don't worry about love. I promise everything will be fine, don't worry." The woman buried her head on her husband's neck as she continued wailing in pain. The man rushed downstairs, worry and anger was written all over his features. The servants and maids were scared to death when they looked at him, but now, just a glance at his pasture screamed out death and destruction. When they noticed the woman crying in pain, another type of fear came for their mistress. They all bowed their heads in respect, awaiting instructions, but truthfully, they all wanted to bury themselves away from the intimidating man. "Leonardo! Get the fucking car, the ambulance won't come in time." The man's eyes widened at the scene, he was sitting in the living room but heard the commotion and immediately went upstairs to see what was going on. Never in his life did he think that he would be seeing his brother carrying his wife, which was in labor two months early. "Yes, brother." he quickly obliged.