𝖎𝖛. Little Sister

Start from the beginning

He gives a single nod, "That's good... See you around, Amano."

Her eyes follow the black-haired boy as he leaves, confusion filled in her eyes. "Hmmm," Gojo's loud thoughts snap her attention back to him. "Looks like someone has a crush."

Akane narrows her mismatched eyes at him. What is he talking about? She would ask him that, but right now she doesn't care about that. Her anger surges through her voice as she walks toward him. "I'm Yuuji's executor? Are you serious?"

That makes Gojo perk his eyebrows upwards in shock, he hasn't seen her this worked up before. "Technically, you're Sukuna's executor. But before you come to hit me, I couldn't have changed their minds."

She knows he's referring to the elders, who Akane hates with a burning passion. Every time she sees any of them she has to resist the urge to spit on their faces. "How could you not change their minds? You're the strongest man to exist!."

"I'm aware of that, thank you very much." He says, giving her a look that says obviously. "But your family personally requested that it'd be you. Your mother promised to get off everyone's backs once you end Sukuna's life. You."

Akane is speechless at that. There's no doubt that the Council hates the Amano Clan as much as Akane loathes them, and it's no secret that they are always finding ways to discreetly kill the clan. It has not been addressed publicly, but everyone in the jujutsu world knows it's true.

But what was more shocking is that her mother requested the elders. Not threatened, not demanded, not even using her cursed technique- she requested them. Akane knows Amano Akito as the woman who has more ego than all the elders combined, so it just didn't add up.

Unless her clan was just that desperate to kill Sukuna, which makes sense, since according to the prophecy, Akane killing Sukuna was to end with the restoration of the Amano's former glory.

She just wished her mother had told her earlier that it was Sukuna to whom the red string was tied. But she knows her mother enough to know that Akito considers Akane more of a tool than a daughter.

"Yuuji told me you were able to delay it?"

"Yep. I convinced them that it would be better to kill Sukuna when he's consumed all his fingers. That way, he definitely won't reincarnate for the second time."

Akane bobs her head. That makes sense. "Who was the executor supposed to be?"

"Okkutsu."

Akane's eyes widen at that. Okkutsu Yuuta is her friend, and although she won't say it outwardly, he is also her favourite senior from jujutsu high. They would also spar together, using all their cursed energies since they both had more energy than even Gojo. He was competitive and powerful- there was no doubt about that- but he was also gentle and kind, and one of the few people Akane considered to be a friend.

She knows he would never agree to kill Yuuji like that. But at the same time, he only knew Yuuji as the vessel rather than the person he really is. The pink-haired boy and Yuuta are similar in so many ways, Akane knows for a fact that they would be great friends if they knew each other. Hell, even their names are similar- Yuuji and Yuuta.

"Is Yuuji really okay with his execution?" She asks somberly. Any hint of sarcasm leaves Gojo's face as he nods. Akane bites her lip in frustration, "He shouldn't be. I won't let him die, Gojo, and I definitely won't kill him."

Gojo sighs at that. "Akane... we still have time to figure it all out. For the next couple of months, I'm gonna train him to become stronger- way more stronger." He pats Akane's head lovingly, a small smile on his face. "Meanwhile, Akane, I want you to keep him safe."