| xxviii ; the sorcerer killer

Start from the beginning

"Are you ready, Ino-san?" Y/N asked as she held up her sword.

"Yeah. It's time I start paving my way to become a Grade 1 sorcerer," Ino declared and lowered his mask over his face.

Cursed energy began radiating from him immensely as he used his cursed technique: Auspicious Beasts Summon.

"Kaichi!" He called and a levitating horn with spiral designs appeared. It zoomed into Ogami and her grandson, seemingly being controlled by Ino telepathically.

"Where do you think you're going?" Y/N asked as she flicked her wrist, shadow bindings locking them into place.

The horn pierced into Ogami's grandson's arm, slicing off a bit of flesh.

"Grandma, that just now..."

"Yes... what are the chances..."

Ino didn't pay any attention as he continued with his attack, "Number 2... Reiki."

Y/N disappeared into her shadow as she reappeared behind Ogami, her fist ready to hit her when her grandson suddenly took the hit.

Y/N was confused as to why he was so protective of his grandmother. Perhaps it was just to protect his family, but it was all thrown out in the window when Ogami began chanting something.

She narrowed her eyes, feeling like something incredibly dangerous was about to happen.

"Ino-san, we have to hurry up!" She yelled.

Ino quickly rushed over, his arm swinging at the grandson to keep him occupied while Y/N was left to deal with Ogami.

That was until she suddenly stopped chanting.

"We're all set," She announced.

"I know, Grandma," He replied and took out some sort of pill.

Y/N quickly moved her arm, trying to smack the pill away from his hand, but she was too late. He had swallowed it already, and Ogami began to say a name.

"Toji Zenin."

Y/N took a few steps back as her instincts were screaming at her to run away.

"How is it, my grandchild?"

"Yeah. All good, Grandma."

His face suddenly began shifting into a completely different one. His hair was mid-length and black in colour. He had green eyes and a sharp scar on the right side of his mouth just on the edge of his lips.

Anyone could tell with one look that this man was incredibly strong.

"Number four: Ryu-" Ino couldn't finish his words when he was suddenly punched in the face by Toji. He followed up with a flurry of rapid-fire punches to Ino's face, giving him no time to even defend. In a split second, Ino was thrown off the building, leaving Y/N alone with them.

"Ino!" Y/N yelled, but soon regretted it when Toji looked at her.

When her eyes met his, a spark of familiarity entered her body. Could he be...?