The pack guards did not stop the car from moving forward, only bowing in respect. Louis nibbled on his bottom lip as he removed his glasses with shaking hands. Nightmarish voices and memories flooded his vision and he inhaled shakily. A hand covered his shaking ones and Louis flinched lightly. "No one will hurt you as long as I breath." The alpha's voice was gravelly. Louis found solace in the alpha's touch although he would never admit it.

They drove through the dark streets that lit up as the car passed by. "This one." Louis gulped as he unknowingly clutched onto the alpha's hand tightly. Harry's hand freed itself gently and laced their fingers.

"Stop here Silva." The vehicle came to a halt a few seconds later and Louis could hear his heart beat in his ears. "Stay here." The alpha's voice echoed and Louis nodded once as the alpha opened the door and stood to his full height before rounding the car opening Louis' door and helping him out.

Curious eyes followed them and Louis hated it. He hated the way their gazes scrutinised him. He hated that they stared. He hated the memories it brought back. They touched him and they burned. Every pair of eyes was like pouring molten lava on his skin. The alpha pulled him forward with a gentle tug and stood behind him protectively. The burn soothed itself as Harry shielded him from the judgemental eyes.

He took a shaky step forward and slowly continued up the familiar path. His parents had grown used to judgemental eyes and rarely ever came out of the house. Harry never pressured him as he hesitated. With a shaky hand Louis rang the doorbell and stepped back, colliding into Harry's hard body. He tried to move away, but a hand around his waist pulled him in and kept him there.

Harry lowered his head until his breath fanned against Louis' ear sending a shiver down his spine. "You are safe." Harry placed a kiss behind Louis' ear and the omega relaxed. Louis' inner omega screamed safe and Louis' brain screamed the opposite, but in his heart Louis knew that he was safe with Harry.

The door was pulled open rather harshly and his father's eyes landed on him. "What are you doing here? The festival finishes in another few hours." The beta squared his shoulders and lifted his hand. Louis squeezed his eyes shut and flinched back, anticipating his skin to burn, but he felt none.

He opened his eyes to see Harry's inked hand gripping his father's tightly. A low growl bloomed in the alpha's chest, but Louis did not feel the need to submit. His father's head lowered. "If you touch him, I will rip your hand out," Harry threatened as he dug his sharp nails into the beta's hand, making it bleed before letting go.

The beta clutched his hand, head still lowered. "This is my home," he grit out.

"We are only here to get Louis' belongings. He does not like it here and I will not subject him to...." The alpha looked around, his nose scrunching in disgust. "This."

The beta's eyes leveled with Harry's, trying to intimidate him, but when Louis tilted his head, he was able to see the bored expression etched across his alpha's features. "Move aside." Two simple words were spoken with a deeper voice and Louis' father stepped aside.

"Who is it Peter?" Louis' mother's voice grew closer with each word until she was face to face with her son in the hallway. "Oh," she said uncaringly as she walked away. Louis gulped tightly as he moved towards the stairs with Harry looming close to him like a human shield. That gave him a sense of security as he steadily made his way up the stairs and into his room.

The door clicked shut as he made his way towards his neatly made bed and goosebumps rose on his skin. He hated being alone with any alpha. He had never had a good experience with that. "I will not hurt you." Harry's voice was lower, gravelly.

He nodded with hesitance as he moved around his room that had paint peeling from the walls and mold growing in one corner which was probably not good for his lungs, but his parents did not care. He looked inside his almost empty cupboard and embarrassment bubbled through him. Harry's presence grew closer. "I will buy you everything you need omega." Louis held back a shiver as he shut the door. "But I must ask. You live in a big house so why do you lack belongings?" The question was innocent, but Louis held back a wince as a tape of his memories played in his mind.

Louis bit his lip as the alpha stepped away and the coldness of his room enveloped him once again. He shrugged one shoulder, reluctance simmering beneath his skin. The alpha did not push further, but when Louis turned around, Harry's lips were pressed into a thin line. He ignored what that could mean as he moved towards his bed. He sat on it and lightly kicked at the boards until one pressed inwards and he pulled the loose board away.

He bent down and pulled out a box he had hidden. That box contained his haunted thoughts, reminders of his self worth. He held the box carefully as he stood to his feet. He had nothing to offer this alpha of a high class. He was not worth the attention this alpha had to give and sooner or later Harry would realise that. When that time came Louis was scared his heart would belong to the alpha. "Give me a moment. I will be right outside," Harry said as he moved towards the bedroom door.

««««««☽︎☀︎︎☾︎»»»»»»

Harry stepped out of the room and closed the door behind him. He stood as a shield, blocking anyone's entry into the room. The house was fairly large and it was well maintained and luxurious apart from his omega's room. Was he mistreated? He would have to ask Louis himself, but that may take a considerable amount of effort considering the omega would not speak to him.

He fetched his mobile phone out and dialled the familiar number. "How may I help you Harry?" Zayn's voice rang out.

"I need you to go ahead of us and buy clothes. I will text you the details. Go. Now." With that Harry ended the call and proceeded to text Zayn the details. Just as he put his phone away, he caught the scent of another alpha. His back went rigid as he practically plastered himself to the door of Louis' room.

The scent grew stronger as enraged pheromones spread like the plague. A low growl rumbled in his chest as the alpha came into his line of vision. He had his fists balled as he approached Harry. "Who are you? What are you doing in my pack?" The words were slurred. Drunk. Disgusting. Harry's nose wrinkled as he held the flying fist in his hand. He pressed it back, putting pressure on the bones, causing a painful crack accompanied by a pained shout.

"You are drunk so I will let you live, but don't you dare raise your hand against me low breed." Harry bared his sharp teeth as his eyes flashed red.

"That bitch is mine to kill. Get the fuck away from the door." The alpha fought against Harry who raised his foot and kicked the alpha. The drunkard staggered backwards before he lost his balance and collapsed onto the floor.

"That omega is my omega. You will treat him with respect or he will choose how I kill you. If you ever come near him, I promise you, I will live upto my name. Don't forget who you're talking to low breed." Harry's alpha timbre forced silence out of the offending alpha. "Leave." The alpha scrambled to his feet and hurried down the stairs. He had never had the displeasure of meeting a pack alpha like the Lucian pack alpha. He watched as the figure vanished and his scent faded before he faced the door that he had been guarding.