:3:

Isabelle couldn't believe it when Jace showed up to Alexandra's door early that morning, he had some nerve asking to borrow some of their clothes for the mundane. Even better she couldn't believe that she was actually helping him.

Marching through the infirmary she dumped the worst clothes she could find onto the girls bed before turning to face the blonde.

"I don't even know why i'm helping you" She spat, watching him look non-remorseful that he spent the night by her side.

Alexandra followed Alec into the room, sticking by his side as they approached the group. Jace turning to her, glancing at her sleep deprived eyes.

"Hodge is ready for her" Alec told them, leaning against the empty bed beside the mundanes. "He wants to see her in the library alone."

Alexandra shifted in her place as Jace came to stand beside her, still not ready to face him just yet. Even worse she couldn't stand that the human was wearing her clothes.

"Who's hodge?" She asked coming out from the curtain she was changing behind.

"He's in charge of the institute" Alexandra told her, Jace's blue eyes looking down to her. Surprisingly with the same look in his eyes that he had for so many years.

Both Jace and Alec escorted her to the library, Alec disgusted by the way he told her about the shadow hunter history. May as well go out onto the streets and tell a random mundane.

Just as she stopped to admire the paintings, Alec had a few strong words for her.

"Stay away from Jace" He told her instructively, watching as her face fell before he took off to follow the blonde.

They both stood at the door of the library watching as she looked around, Alec feeling the urge to punch him in the face as he smiled at her. He felt sick that the minute a woman came into the institute, he would dump Alexandra as if she was nothing. He was so glad he didn't like women.

"Don't you think it's risky to invite her into the institute?" He asked randomly, hoping for some answers as to why he brought them here.

"No, I think we can trust her" Jace replied with a smile.

"Just don't fall in love, you've hurt Alexandra enough" Alec spoke, refusing to look at him.

"Protecting someone shouldn't make me a bad person."

"It does if you have sentenced someone to face the broken hearted rune, you know it's the most painful one" Alec reminded him, watching his posture drop.

"They'll be out of here in a day, I promise" He told him, turning and shoving the male towards the door. Feeling the urge to mentally slap himself for making Alexandra feel this way, however he wouldn't show it.

By the time they returned to the infirmary it was only Isabelle that was there cleaning up the left over first aid. The brunette informing them that Alexandra left with Clary's friend, the siblings not missing the way that Jace's face contorted.

Alexandra walked through the halls with Simon explaining to him the history of the institute and the shadow hunters. Considering he would be spending a decent amount of time with them thanks to Jace's new friend Clary.

"So was your parents shadow hunters?" He asked, Alexandra's face falling at the mention of her parents. It was a touchy subject.

"One of them had to be right?" She laughed, looking back to the portrait on the wall. "My mother wasn't much of a tattoo person so she used to hide her runes, while my father wore them as trophies. He had large symbols all of him when i was a child, obviously i didn't know what they were back then."

"Do you still keep in contact with them? Do they live here with you all?" It seemed like Simon just wished for her to be in a bad mood.

Alexandra just sighed. "We are the only four shadow hunters that we know of, we are all the family we have left."

"Well Jace sure has a chip on his shoulder" Simon spoke as he passed through back into the main corridor.

"I'm protective" Came a familiar english voice, Simon jumping as he turned to face the darkly dressed blonde.

Alexandra looked to her feet, hoping he came to correct Simon and be gone again. They still hadn't spoken since two days before, and she wasn't particularly sure what to even say to him.

She heard his footsteps coming up behind her, feeling his muscular arm press against her own. Stealing a glance at him she noticed how he eyed Simon hatefully before staring down at her.

"I'll be taking Clary to see the silent brothers, i'll be back by sundown" He informed her, taking his hand and placing it onto the side of her head. Pushing it towards him, planting a soft kiss onto her temple.

She cleared her throat, glancing up at him with a tint of red on her cheeks before stepping away from his touch, his hand falling back to his side.

"Have fun" She told him with a fake smile, one that she knew he could see straight through. He nodded his head at Simon before making a shift exit, Alexandra finally letting out the breath she had been holding.

Jace and Clary walked through the silent graveyard together, the only sound being that of the leaves crunching under them with each step. The male still not keen on leaving Alexandra alone with him.

After coming to the tomb they waited for a brief moment until one of the silent brothers arrived, seeking reassurance from Clary before opening the gate.

It had been a while since Jace had be inside the tomb, the stairway still old and decayed looking. Following the cloaked figure through the darkness, Jace began to have flashbacks of when he brought Alec and Isabelle for help.

"This is where the silent brothers draw their power. From the bones and ashes of shadow hunters" He told the newbie, stopping at a particular one close to the end of the burial ground.

"This is where all of them are buried?" Clary asked, giving him a strange look as he stared at a particular skull.

"Yes..." He replied, placing a hand onto the skull in from of him. "I remember when we brought the bones of Alexandra's mother here, many years ago. I could never forget where they placed her, and someday...that's going to be me."

"So her mothers gone?"

"Sadly, yes."

"How did she die?" Jace wasn't sure if it was his place to answer that question, however he doubted that Alexandra would ever speak to Clary.

"She was killed, along with her oldest child and the one in her womb. I knew Reuben well growing up, we trained together in the Institute. To this day I still remember the look on Alexandra's face when she first knocked on the door."

Reuben, Alexandra's older brother was one of Jace's best friends. His training partner. They would joke about Jace hurting Alexandra if they ever were to see each other. The promise of never doing that, he had sadly broken.

Opening the door to the distraught woman standing frantically in the rain never left his mind till this day. Neither did travelling to their home by the water just to find the corpses of her family, his best friend.

Kneeling down to Reuben's body he promised him that Alexandra would remain safe, happy. However he had broken that promise too, and it was his fault. One good thing came from that sad day, he managed to recover a necklace that her mother wore before taking her to the silent brothers, along with Reuben's golden ring which he never took off.

Someday....Jace planned on giving them to Alexandra in proposal to love one another till death.