Years 1-3

TW: mentions of parental death

*Feel free to skip to Chapter 1. Years 1-3 are pretty much just to set up the story, they won't go into that much detail and they follow the books pretty closely. There is some fun stuff in here though!

----------

Year 1

I'm standing in the train station in between platforms nine and ten, wishing with everything in me that my mother was here. I glace at my father, looking like he's hoping that he'll sink right into the floor and disappear. "She never mentioned anything about how to get on the platform?" I ask, and he shakes his head. He looks away from me, clearly uncomfortable due to the mention of my mom. Heaven forbid we talk about her  I think, rolling my eyes. 

Suddenly I spot a young boy about my age hauling a trunk similar to mine along with a beautiful, snowy white owl. He also looks utterly confused which makes me smile, and I make eye contact with him as he approaches where I'm standing. His eyes are a vibrant color green and they shine in contrast with his messy black hair. 

"Hey," I ask, hoping against hope that he's actually trying to get to the same place I am, "are you trying to get to Hogwarts?" The boy blinks at me in surprise. 

"Yeah," he responds, "yeah I am. You as well?" I nod, extending my hand for him to shake it, which he does cautiously. 

"I'm Magnolia Auclair, but you can call me Lia" I smile at him and he returns it, his green eyes shining. 

"Harry Potter." he says, letting go of my hand. I grab my trunk and move toward Harry, lowering my voice. 

"So, you wouldn't happen to know how to actually get to platform nine and three-quarters do you?" 

"No idea," he says, and I sigh. 

"Well we'd better figure it out, the train is leaving in less than ten minutes. I don't know how exactly we're supposed to..." I pause as a group of people pass by me and Harry, and we catch a snippet of their conversation. 

"packed with muggles of course-" Harry and I look at each other, that word obviously meaning something to the both of us. We both turn around and see that a plump woman with vibrant red hair was the one who was speaking. She was talking to 4 boys, obviously her children, who were each carrying a trunk just like Harry's and mine. 

The oldest boy grabs his trunk and marches toward the the dividing barrier between platforms nine and ten. Harry and I watch in amazement as the boy vanishes, just as he reaches the barrier. A pair of twins go next, arguing over who is who. "He's not Fred, I am!" 

"Sorry, George, dear," 

"Only joking, I am Fred." The boy says with a grin before he disappears after his brother. I giggle at the interaction and follow Harry up to the woman. 

"Excuse me?" Harry says, and the woman takes us in with a warm smile on her face. 

"Hello, dears," she says. "First time at Hogwarts? Ron's new too." She gestures at her youngest son. The tall, lanky ginger with a smattering of freckles across his red face blushes and gives us a small wave. 

"Yes, well the thing is that we don't exactly know, uh how to-" 

"How to get on the platform?" she asks.  Harry and I nod, and she gives us a reassuring look. 

"Not to worry," she says, explaining that all we need to do is walk straight at the barrier between platforms nine and ten. "Best do it at a bit of a run if you're nervous. Go on now, before Ron, and your sister can follow right after."