twenty three

• Matt •

Matt didn't exactly know what to do to ask Sienna out. He wanted to make it special, but everything that came to mind would cost an arm and a leg.

"Just bring her to McDonalds or something? You know she loves when you guys go out every week." Chris suggested. The two were sat in Chris' room, tossing a ball back and forth as they tried to come up with ideas.

"I could. It is Wednesday. But what if that's not special enough?"

"Matt. She's like head over heels in love with you. You could take her to the junk yard and she'd probably say yes."

"I got it." Matt instantly stood up and left the room, with Chris following right behind him.

"Well... what are you gonna do?"

"It's a secret. Now go away, I gotta do something."

~~~

Matt sat in Sienna's driveway. He was nervous, but not because he thought she would reject him, more so because he'd have to pour his heart out. He'd texted her five minutes ago, and she still hadn't come out.

When Sienna's front door finally swung open, he felt his breath hitch for a split second. Even after knowing her for so long, he was still taken aback by how pretty she was every time she walked into a room. Or out of her house in this case.

She got in the car, a suspicious look on her face. "Where are we going?"

"It's Wednesday. Where do you think we're going?"

The pair drove in silence for several minutes, bitchboy playing over the speakers as Sienna wanted to see Matt's reaction to the songs that she had picked for him. Their food sat in Sienna's lap as Matt drove, they always waited until they were parked to eat.

"What's your favorite song from the playlist so far?" Sienna asked.

"You know, it's hard to pick when there's seven hours worth of music on it."

"Eight, actually. I added more." She laughed and grabbed some more fries. "Genuinely though, which one called to you?"

"What's that one song, about forever or something. That one's good."

"forever&more? I love that song! Play it." Matt picked up his phone and began scrolling through the hours of music, looking for the song. Once he found it, the song began to softly play and Sienna's smile only grew.

"Can you grab something out of the glovebox for me?" Matt asked, grabbing his drink.

Sienna opened it without even thinking. "Yeah, what do you need?"

"There's a paper, it should be in the front. It's important."

Sienna grabbed it, instantly realizing what was happening. "Matt, what is this?"

"Read it."

She unfolded the paper and recognized that it was Matt's own version of what she had written about him. He sat back and watched as she read it, instantly feeling embarrassed as she turned red.

"Is it..."

"It's everything I love about you, Enna."

•••

1. your hugs

2. the glint you get in
your eye when you're
teasing me

3. when you pull your
hair over one shoulder to
try and concentrate

4. how you always put
others before yourself, even
when you don't have to

5. your music taste
(even though it's not
rap)

6. your loyalty to all your friends

7. how you've sent me every
tiktok about puppies you've
ever seen

8. your smile

9. your hugs again because
they're amazing

10. your patience, especially
when we were in chem

11. how you thought my
black eye was hot

12. that you love me
as much as i love you

•••

Matt watched as the girl folded the paper back up, finally meeting his eyes. "Yours was better. I can't write like you can."

"No. It's perfect. It's you." Sienna spoke, a touch of uncertainty in her eyes. Matt worried that maybe she was rejecting him. "I wanna kiss you."

"So do it."

Sienna's face glowed in the light from the sunset, Matt could get lost in it for hours if she'd let him. He was quickly pulled from his daydream when he felt her hand on his neck and she leaned in.

Her lips were soft, softer than he remember. To be fair, their last kiss had been short and a surprise to both of them. This one was real, a true beginning for the pair.

Matt pulled away after a minute, catching his breath. "So, you'll be my girlfriend?"

"Of course. I'll be your girlfriend as long as you'd let me."

"I love you so much, Enna."

"I love you too, Matt."

{note: yay okay so we're done :) took me long enough lol. if you want to find out more about nick and sidney and how they met, be sure to keep an eye out for that book. it should be out sometime in the next two weeks, i wanna get some chapters pre written. but seriously thank you so much for reading this guys, it was a roller coaster but it all worked out in the end. luv y'all <333}

🎉 You've finished reading 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛&𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 • 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚘𝚕𝚘 🎉