Chapter 8: Telling the News again

I wake up the next morning very cranky. I didn't want to get up from under these nice soft quilts and face the outside world. I just wantto sleep all day. So that's exactly what I'mgoing to do. For the next 2 hours I slept like a baby. My mother said its better I sleep whenever I can because when the baby comes, I hardly will get sleep. I'm not looking forward to that.

A light knock came sounded at my door.

"Yes." I groaned from under my covers.

"Cassandra someone is here to see you." I heard my mom say.

Thinking it was Yasmine that wanted to see me, I didn't get up from under the blankets.

"Alright."

I heard footsteps come in and the door shut. I felt the bed dip and I throw the blankets off from me. Rubbing my eyes - "Ugh Yasmine you wouldn't believe what happened with Nathan yesterday-" I stopped talking when I came to realize it wasn't Yasmine who I was talking to it.

"What the hell?" I yell.

His once happy figure turned tense and serious.

"Nathan? Who the hell is Nathan?" Quinton asked seriously.

Oh lord, here goes an argument. I swung my legs off the bed and stood up. I probably looked crapy right now since I just woke up. My hair is probably a mess, I probably look sleepy and my clothes! I quickly looked down to see what I was wearing and saw that I hadn't taken off the shorts Nathan gave me last night and I still had on the dress. My dress was hitched down a little showing a little more cleavage than I would normally show. But thanks to this baby, my boobs look perky and full.

I looked up and saw Quinton eyeing me hard.

"What are you doing here?" I ignored his question about Nathan.

He walked towards me and crossed his arms.

"Cassandra, who is Nathan? And what happened between you guys yesterday that you so desperately had to tell Yasmine?"

I groaned and walking away heading to my personal bathroom. I was not in the mood to argue right now. It was probably was like 9 in the morning. I went to the sink and turned it on to brush my teeth. Quinton was right behind me waiting for an answer.

"Cassandra, are you seeing someone?"

I looked at him through the mirror.

"That is none of your business Quinton."

He crossed his arms and sucked his teeth. "Your right, it may not be any of my business, but it is my business. Now that you're going to have my son."

I turned around to face him. If he thinks he is going to use that excuse every time then he has another thing coming.

"Quinton just because I'm having your baby doesn't give you a right to control my life.

He smirked and pointed his finger at me. "That's where you're wrong Cassandra. I will not let some young boy raise my kid when if it was all like that, I would have left you the minute you told me you were pregnant. Why can't you see that I'm only trying to do what's best, not just for you and me but for our son?"

"Quinton what does that have to do with anything? Never have I once said you couldn't help raise the baby."- Throwing my hands in the air.

He shook his head and looked the other way biting his lip in a aggregated way.

"You just don't get it do you?" he said after a moment of silence.

I crossed my arms and leaned on the sink. "I don't get what Quinn? The fact that your bossing me around like we're together? News flash Quinton, we're not. Just because I'm having your baby doesn't mean anything.