Chapter 4| jealously or mind playing?

I spent the whole day at home sleeping, watching TV and eating. Yasmine is busy working and my mom should be home any second now. I'm now in my room looking at the packet my doctor gave me to look over. It shows you how to breast feed and all the things that you will probably experience during the time of being pregnant.

I was so into the book, that I didn't noticed that someone was knocking at the front door. I quickly walked downstairs and opened the door to find an older man looking nervous and lost.

"Can I help you?" I asked politely when he didn't noticed that I answered the door.

His head snapped towards me and he smiled.

"Is there a Paula Rodriguez here by any chance?" His deep voice asked nervously.

I eyed him suspiciously. Who is this man? He's very tall compared to me, very lean and fit looking with dark brown hair and dark eyes.

"Yeah, that would be my mother, she isn't home but she should be here any minute now. Do you want me to leave a message or something?"

His eyes widen when I said that. For a reason I don't know. He eyed me up and down in a loving way, in a lost kind of way. After a few seconds of him just looking at me, his eyes trailed back up to mine. This man is getting creepier by the second. His eyes filled with tears but as quickly as they came, they were gone.

He sighed and rubbed his hands together.

"No, that's okay, I will come back another time."

Before I could say goodbye he turned around and left. I watched as he went into a good looking car and drove off. As soon as he drove off, my mother pulled into the driveway.

I waved my hand at her and she eyed me suspiciously. She walked out the car and headed towards me. I opened the door for her and let her in the house. She dropped her belongings beside the door and walked into the kitchen.

"Was that Quinton who just pulled out?" She asked as she grabbed herself a water bottle.

I crossed my arms and shook my head.

"No, that was some man looking for you."

"A man?" She said looking confused.

"Yeah." I said as I went into the living room and turned the TV on.

She walked in behind me and sat down next to me.

"Did he give out a name, what did he want?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, he didn't say much." I said as my eyes were glued to the TV screen flipping through channels.

"Cassandra!?" My mom yelled to get my attention.

"Yes mom." I said sarcastically.

"What do you mean you don't know his name? He didn't tell you?"

I shook my head.

"No, he didn't say anything but if you were here. He did have a nice car though." I pointed out.

I looked at her and she looked beyond lost.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

She shook her head and looked at me. "Nothing, just trying to find out who was at my door asking for me. How did he look like?"

I thought about it. "He had dark brown eyes, brown hair, a little on the pale side but not to pale. He was tall and very fit looking."

She absorbed everything I said trying to figure out who was at the door for her.