"Be careful on your way home... Or well... I guess you don't need reassurance anymore." Kuboyasu corrected himself joking slightly. Y/n smiled waving at the boy. The two finally split up while the small gang watching from afar gasped at the teen who closed his door once again. It was the first time they had seen the girl but they could tell by the uniform that she had been in the same school as the boy. It didn't take long for them to connect the dots.

"No wonder Kuboyasu changed so much..."

"Good for him!"

.
.
.

Y/n entered her house to see Saiko and Grandma crocheting in the living room together. The boy seemed to be very concentrated as he was knitting what seemed to be a star plushie. The grandma was crocheting the same thing except hers looked more professional and neat while the boys were loose and some patterns were mixed up. A small smile made its way onto the girl's lips when seeing the two bonding.
The grandma finally looked up from her crochet and directed her attention to the girl who placed her bag down

"Y/n? You're home early. It's only 11." The old lady spoke when looking towards the clock. Saiko jumped and looked over at the girl. His grip on the crochet tools tightened as he glanced down at his creation. Y/n sighed in relief when she sat on the couch next to the rich boy.

"That looks good!" Y/n complimented his work. His face flushed slightly and he scoffed looking away then continued working

"Don't be ridiculous." Saiko frowned continuing to crochet.

"It's messy." He added. The girl frowned at how harsh he had been to himself

"It's your first time! And I think you did pretty good compared to my grandma who has done it for years." Y/n argued pointing at the old lady who already started stuffing the star plushie giving the star a more round and soft look.

"I'm sleepy. I'm going to take a nap in my room." Y/n said standing up to leave the two to continue their bonding. The grandma turned to look towards the boy who seemed to be glaring at his plushie

"You were proud of your work a few moments ago. What happened, Saiko?" The grandma asked the boy who frowned with a small shrug

"I don't know. I just wanted to get it right. For y/n, she deserves a plushie that doesn't look like whatever mine is." Saiko said softly as he started stuffing the plushie. The old lady laughed slightly and then placed her hand on top of Saiko's shoulder

"It's fine, Saiko. My granddaughter loves anything she's given. My son-in-law once gave her an origami heart as a last-minute birthday gift and she still hung it on her wall to this day." The grandma laughed at the memory. Saiko tried to find comfort in the woman's words then just decided to take her at face value. He continued to finish up the rest of the plushie feeling a tiny bit more confident than last time. 

----
----

"Y/n." A voice whispered. The girl felt someone shaking the girl slightly. She groaned and turned over and tore her eyes open seeing Saiko leaning over her. Her eyes became sore when she opened them too long so she reverted to a small battle between her eyelids.

"Yes?" She asked yawning. Saiko nervously held up the crocheted star. He held it up for her to see through squinted eyes. She smiled when seeing the plushie

"This is for you." He said once again. The girl reached out for the plushie. She held the star in her arms and cuddled the crocheted piece holding it close to her chest for comfort.

"Thank you, Saiko. It's lovely. You're so talented." Y/n spoke in barely a whisper as she was once again being lulled back to sleep. Saiko felt his face flush as he leaned toward the girl

"You think I'm talented?" Saiko asked. The girl nodded making a few noises of affirmation. Saiko felt his eyes water slightly at the girl's words and he leaned down giving her a small peck on the forehead before turning back around to leave the girl alone to rest.

-----
-----

A/n: This chapter is very short. I'm sorry! I need to come up with more ideas. Don't worry though! I'll come up with something!
Definitely during their winter break.

Anyway. A small story to keep you entertained and more inclined to keep reading my book.

Last summer I was reading a pretty lesser-known book series. I strongly recommend by the way. Book series like these are why we need to support small writers. I was on the 3rd book in the series during summer break. All of which I finished within a month (which is impressive for me, someone who can't read one sentence without spacing out).
I'm currently on the 4th book but it's kind of difficult to get through. It has its boring parts. Maybe I'm just not committed enough...

The story is good. You've probably never heard of it. It's about a boy who was born in a world of magic. However, the home he was growing up in didn't seem to be very... Homely. He happened to be one of the lucky few who had magic blood in him! So he goes on these quests in a magic school with other sorcerers like him. It's very underrated. It's called Harry Potter by J.K Rowling. Tell me if you ever read it or even heard of it, and what you think. /j (joking)

See you next chapter! :)