*special ━━ nicholas

SPECIAL CHAPTER

SPECIAL CHAPTER.
nicholas lombardi!

★・・・・・・★

"JUST LISTEN TO ME!"

Nick tuned out his mother's screams as he scribbled into the notebook in front of him. Homework had never been a priority of his, but lately he'd made the decision to not let himself be such a loser. He wanted to win, in every aspect of his life. And if he was really as smart as he friends motivated him to be. He would never know unless he really tried.

He needed to try.

"Do you not hear me?" Sarena Belkov screamed as she rushed into her son's room. Without warning she reached forward and ripped off the headphones covering his ears. The loud grunge blasting through the fallen speaker as she grabbed him from behind. "I've been calling you for the past twenty minutes!"

"I'm sorry," Nick wallowed in the fear of his mother's anger. He slowly swallowed as he turned to face her. "I've been trying to get some work done."

"You can do that with one headphone out."

Nick nodded. He didn't move as his mom got closer, though he quickly felt himself wanting to evade the smell of alcohol from her lips. It made him nauseous. He could learn to be less hypocritical, but was it really hypocrisy to think he could drink but she couldn't?

He was the child after all. Or, supposed to be.

"What? I don't deserve a verbal response from my own kid now? Is that it?" Sarena asked, her futile personality becoming even more known as Nick tilted his head back. Trying to keep his calm.

Nick simply shook his head, feeling his adam's apple drop as he felt his heart rate speed up. He looked up, "No, Mom."

"No I dont?"

"No, you do."

"That's what I thought. You're just like him," Sarena sucked her teeth at her son as she pushed off her chair and stepped away from him. Nick froze at her words, biting back everything he wanted to truly say in response to her drunken bitterness.

Nick looked her way, "You're drunk, Mom."

"And so what?" Sarena demanded respect in every way. Although she tended to treat her children with anything but, she saw herself as the adult. And in her mind that was more then enough reason for her to simply act however she chose with them. "Why do you feel the next to insult me with every chance you get? I came to ask you one thing!"