Chapter 8 *Edited*

Start from the beginning

"Get off her." You barely registered Kyo's voice as he snatched and threw Inosuke off of you with the other two giving you space. You were faintly aware of hands-on you and someone cursing. "She's bleeding. Get Kocho-San now." His voice was no joke, especially judging by the throbbing on your side and the warm blood you felt. You knew Inosuke didn't mean to do it but, it did hurt a lot. You didn't move from your spot even as Shinobu cleaned and rebandaged your wound this time a little tighter. You didn't make a sound or move which concerned her a bit.

"You're still with me, right? Don't go dying yet." You moved your eyes to her giving her a thumbs up. You had found a comfy position and didn't want to move. She looked at you but, said nothing. "Let her be in that position if she is comfortable" Nothing was said and, you turned your head to see Kyo had left as well. You were left by yourself and decided to get comfortable on the floor and take a nap since you weren't going anywhere. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Be quiet so you won't wake her up." You vaguely heard a voice right by your ear that sounded like Suma. You opened an eye to see Suma literally inches from your face with a smile.

"She's awake!" Before you can turn you felt a weight where you had the bandages and Suma getting her hair pulled.

"I told you to be quiet!" It was Makio leaning on you and, you sat up real fast dislodging both of them. You tensed protecting the side she leaned on.

"You leaned on her bad side Makio" Hinatsuru scolded her as Makio turned to you with a sad look.

"I'm sorry! I got excited." She was pouting and you smiled at her. Tried to, but you're pretty sure it came out more like a grimace. You finally turned to the last occupant who didn't say anything. He was wearing a fancy eye patch and his left arm where his hand used to be was wrapped up. He saw you staring gesturing to his eye instead.

"Fought uppermoon 6. You can guess who won." You smiled at him.

"They did." He snorted so you continued "I'm glad to see you're okay. One less eye and hand but, you're still flamboyant as ever." You leaned back this time with a hand protecting your side to prevent any further mistakes. You closed your eyes for a few hearing footsteps leaving the room and, closing the door behind them. You opened your eyes again and this time it was just you and Tengen and, you flinched since he was almost on top of you this time.

"You scared me." You gave him a look ready to say something but, he placed a finger on your lips to prevent you from speaking "I have never seen Kyojuro look so distraught. He was crying" You looked down in guilt. You wanted to apologize to him for scaring him. "He told us what happened. You took a hit meant for him. You almost died killing uppermoon 3. It was...scary when you weren't waking up but, we all took turns seeing you. You were never alone. That's when my mission came up since my wives went missing and Kamado and his friends came with me. I protected them during the fight because I know they mean a lot to you. His sister is amazing too and I see her as an official member of the demon slayer corps." You smiled genuinely at that placing a hand on top of the arm he placed over your waist. He had moved his hand from your lips to cup your face. "The same way you don't want us throwing our life away. I would like for you to follow the same rules." You were not sorry for killing uppermoon 3.

"I am not sorry for taking the hit. We defeated upper moon 3 and, I was able to save Kyojuro. You guys care and love him way more than you care about me. I am replaceable, he is not." You gasped feeling your face cheeks getting squeezed tightly. You looked up at a very pissed Tengen.

"I do not know who told you that you are replaceable but, you are not. Never was. Never will be. Yes, we care about Kyojuro but, we all care about you. I care. Kyojuro cares. I don't know what the hell I got to do to get it through your head but, I will do it. We all will." He leaned forward placing a kiss on your cheek before leaning back and letting your face go. You were silent for a minute.