Something to Live For

Start from the beginning

The thought of kissing him passionately, despite that his mouth was more snout than lips, was vastly intriguing. She snagged her underlip between her teeth, her pulse dropping into her sex with a giddy flutter. His fangs might get in the way if she tried to kiss him. It nearly made her laugh to ponder the mechanics of such a feat of passion.

She snorted, stepping over a white root. Imagine that? Finding humor in this dank, awful place. But more than that, finding she was turned on. Maybe she'd knocked her head in that fall harder than she'd thought.

"Something funny?" Thrax asked, glancing back at her.

"I was just..."

His nose flared with interest and he slowed. "Just what?"

"Just wondering...umm...what it would be like to..." The blush came on so quickly that she turned her face away. But she knew he could see her flaming cheeks despite the lightless tunnel. And she knew he could hear her heart racing with something other than fear. Sense the change in her scent as her loins grew hot.

His chuckle was low, delighted. He pulled her to him, cupping the side of her jaw with his lethal claws. "What a surprise you are, min skani," he murmured in her ear, her body erupting in shivers. "Maybe this...fascination of yours is something we might explore once we're out of here, hmm?"

She sucked her breath in deep, her breasts tightening as his hands dropped to her backside. He cupped her backside and yanked her flush against his hard cock. Of course he was naked—these wargs hardly ever seemed to wear clothes lately.

He glanced up the tunnel a moment, his ears pricking forward. But his glowing eyes swung back to her an instant later. And then he was pressing his snout against her neck, his fangs smooth and wet against her bobbing throat. His tongue slid slowly up her throat, stirring shivers in its wake. A small moan slipped from her lips as, with a broad stroke, he kissed the shell of her ear.

He pulled away a moment, shooting a glare up the tunnel. After a pause, his focused look turned back to her again. Without warning, he slipped his tongue between her lips. Instinctively, she pressed her tongue to his, the feel of his fangs thrilling her. She opened wider, her nails dragging at his fur.

Sweet Maeda! He kissed her so deep, he seemed to want to gobble her up. Her mind reeled with erotic pleasure, dizzying her. He hooked her beneath her knee and dragged her leg up slowly, pushing her hem high up her thigh. His claws raked along her skin, hard enough to thrill but not enough to hurt. Up went her hem, over her hips so that his yard of flesh jerked against her sex.

His fangs were sawing against her lips, his tongue laying claim. His claws were digging into her soft flesh, cupping her rear. He pressed himself between her thighs, his hips grinding. She was slick and swollen with need.

With a quick thrust, he was in.

She threw her head back, mouth parted, clamping her muscles around him. Ahh, gods, he felt so good.

"Sweet Maeda! You're so tight!" he rasped, dropping his nose to her neck. But with a harsh sigh, he pulled out. "Not here." He let her leg slide down his coarse thigh. "Not now." Her skirts dropped back down with a heavy whisper. It looked as though it pained him to step away, his fangs clenched tight.

She understood that pain, her flesh bereft and throbbing with need. She swallowed, her hands lifting to her hot cheeks. Maeda help her, was she mad? For a moment there she'd almost forgotten where they were. Such was her lust for him. Such was his potency. Well, if they were going to die down here, she had every right to taste him one last time.

His yellow eyes bored into her. "Later, min skani, I promise."

"If we ever get out of here," she said, her voice husky. She licked her lips, trying to calm her lust.