Chapter 4: Astronaught [4]

The valve has neared its max. You turn off the adapter and tighten the valve. You gently pocket the sleeping NOMIA and put on your helmet. NOMIA can catch a break.

> pocket the adapter, and start hauling the tank up.

You can't help but wonder about your family back at home.

Will your parents be waiting for you anxiously, ready to embrace you in their arms when you land home?

Will you finally be able to return back to land without a lack of oxygen?

> Walk through the Questers that gathered around the exit. (a)

> Walk through the stalagmites, which will lead to a less crowded exit. (b)

You shiver at the sudden thoughts of expectations. Here, on this barren land, all that mattered was survival. NOMIA, REQUY and the mushroom beings were all that you needed to worry about. If your oxygen tank ran out of energy, at least the central tank is capable of refilling itself.

Speaking of the central oxygen tank...

> Take a break. (c)

> Push on. (d)

You sigh, looking at the rocket that stood in front of you.

This is your sole link to home, along with the various pictures and memos you have. Your blood, sweat and tears have been put into this craft, and now you're almost done.

Yet you just have to feel conflicted.

Would going home really be the best?

> Do I really want to face my responsibilities?

NOMIA pops out of your pocket and flies around you lazily.

"Responsibilities exist everywhere. What may seem like a fresh start now will soon be stale as well. NOMIA has been here for ages, every day passes the same."

> They're different. I love what I'm doing, but I don't want to be pushed in a cycle of work.

NOMIA falls silent for a second.

"NOKIA once said that work is inevitable. Something along the lines of 'carrying on is a duty of our own'. NOMIA wasn't listening."

You laugh a little. Although what the robot said didn't effectively convince you, you decide it's best to keep your thoughts to yourself. Subconsciously, you carry on.

> let's connect this oxygen tank then. 

[if you chose b) and/or d), proceed to chapter 5. Otherwise, proceed to chapter 6.]