Bea chuckled as she took notes. "He'll be so happy about it."

I laughed with her for a moment, then headed to the boss' office. Being an editor for a scientific magazine isn't my biggest dream, to be honest, but it was a start, something I found after I graduated. At the time, it was a new magazine, Sheryl wasn't too strict about previous experiences and studies. The good thing about working here, is that I learned a lot of new things in terms of science, history, geography, technology and so on. The downside is, I was supposed to work here only for a year, now it's been three.

Being a copy editor doesn't allow me to do much other than, well, make sure that other people's articles are ready to be published – no typos, correct punctuation, easy enough for our average reader to understand. At least, that's what my boss keeps me doing. I could do so much more.

I knocked on Sheryl's door, and opened only once I'd heard her say come in. "Good morning, boss." I greeted.

She looked up from her stacks of papers. "Oh, finally. What, you got lost on the way here?"

"Yeah, sorry, I ... overslept."

"Right." She stood up, the clinking sound of her heels on the floor felt menacing. You'd think that, such a high-class lady would more gladly work in some rich field, instead she opted for creating a divulgatory magazine. Nothing against that type of thing, I'd just see Sheryl perhaps in politics or organizing funding events. "So," she started just as I sat down and she leaned against her desk, crossing her arms, "I've got a new assignment for you."

"I was just about to finish the article on human languages, I-"

"Yeah, no, leave it."

Right. "Ok. So ... what new assignment."

She grabbed a magazine from her desk. On the cover, a classy lady in her fifties, dressed in white. "Julia Woods, the queen of New York." I read out loud. The name sounded familiar. I'm not big on gossip, but her name is everywhere lately, especially since her son is about to become CEO of one of the biggest companies in the city.

"You have an appointment with her, today at 2 pm." My boss informed me. "For an interview."

I frowned, confused. "I don't ... do interviews." Heck, I don't write articles at all. Not that I wouldn't like it, but like I said, she only has me editing other people's writings.

"Just this once."

"Why me?" I looked up at Sheryl. "Why not Kate or Robert?"

"Robert is busy with other things, Kate entered labor last night."

"Oh." I blinked my eyes. "So, she's going to be on maternity leave." I was kind of happy, she's not a really nice co-worker, she's the type that eats your stuff in the fridge and denies it.

"Yes, you'll be covering for her, but only if this," she placed her pointy finger on the cover of the magazine in my hands, "goes smoothly."

"I ... I've never done interviews." I reminded her. "Except in school, but ... that's a long time ago."

"Kate prepared the questions," she handed me some papers, "and she also did research on Julia Woods and the Woods empire." She gave me a thick binder. "Read it, memorize it. Learn the questions as well, do not read them in front of Mrs. Woods, she hates when people come unprepared."

I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked at that stern countenance staring at me from the magazine. She looked like one of those hateful old ladies that is never happy about anything. "Why are we interviewing her? As far as I know, Woods Inc. concerns shipping and deliveries. We're a scientific magazine."