Chapter 1

This is a work of fiction with characters based on the Turkish hit series Sen Cal Kapimi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~March 2022

March 2022

He was running late for a meeting, a representative from the Yildirim Holdings is coming to the office about a hotel project. He had been looking forward to this deal since they did the bidding. It will not just place his firm on top, but it will most definitely attract more client.

He had been handling this affairs after he graduated five years ago. His father, made sure he'll be able to manage the business even without help from anyone. He did, the business has been doing fine, projects after projects, deals after another. Art Life is one of the top five firms in the country and he doesn't want to stop there. He need to be on top. And this project with the Yildirims will help him do that.

He went straight to the conference room to make sure everything was ready. Engin, his business partner was already there giving orders to their staff. Making sure the presentation will go smoothly as possible.

"Serkan, they just called, they'll be here any minute, good thing you're already here."

"Is everything ready? The presentation? Did you check?" He is anxious. They've been preparing for this for two weeks.

"Yes, I made sure the presentation is working fine. We've tested it earlier. We're good to go." Engin said with a thumbs up.

They walked to the entrance to welcome the guests. They were just getting out of their cars when they got there. Serkan lead the way.

"Feritbey, thank you for coming." Serkan extended a hand. They other guy takes it and smiles. "Serkanbey, let me introduce you to some people.This is Çeren Basar, one of our legal advisors and Efe Akman, one of our investors." He welcomes the guests into the building.

"Welcome to Istanbul, I hope your plane ride from Mardin was pleasant." Serkan said as they walk towards the conference room.

"I like your office, Serkanbey."
"We try to make it as comfortable as possible." They walked side by side, Ferit being courteous to his employees. They got in to the conference room with Engin waiting inside.

Serkan introduced everyone and they proceeded with the presentation.

Serkan had just finished. He looked at the people in the room. The Yildirim's seem to approve of everything. We got this.he thought and smiles.

"That's it, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask." He walks to his chair to sit down. His assistant had replenished all the mugs with fresh coffee. He checked his watch. It was almost eleven in the morning. They have been in the conference room for hours.

"Serkanbey, so far, I have no objections and so as my colleagues here. So for now we are good to go. We'll set up a meeting with you by next week, Ms. Ezra will be the one to give the final say. But I'm sure she'll go with it."