.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Giwa!"

"Giwa!!"

"Giwa Elyon Folade Matthews!!"

"Maa!" I screamed and ran downstairs with the speed of lightening to the kitchen. Today was Saturday, the day of The Confession. I tried not to think about it like Janet advised. Instead I spent my day lazing around.

"You know what today is, don't you?" She asked in a calm manner.

"Yes ma"

"Good, now bring my purse on the dining table" I looked at her strangely, why was she so calm today? I brought the purse and gave to her. She opened it and brought out thick bundles of money. She counted a particular amount and handed it to me.

"That is twenty thousand naira. Go to a good supermarket and buy what we need for the house."

"Which supermarket should I go to?"

"Go to ShopRite. Their things are good and cheap. Here's five thousand for your transportation, if you like, sleep their oo"

"Ah ah, Mum trust me nau. Before you say jack, I'm already back" I replied and beat my chest.

"Nah so they dey talk, sha but what I sad you should buy"

"Okay let me go and dress up" I said and ran to my room. I looked in the wardrobe. What should I wear to a fancy place like ShopRite?

I later settled for a off shoulder shirt and high waist ripped jeans that I have been reserving for special occasions. I packed my wild hair into bun and let one strand fall across my face.

Satisfied, I wore a strapped sandal and was good to go.

"I said ShopRite oo, not club" my mum teased. I felt happy hearing her come back to her normal self.

"Mummy nau, I should nah go and look like goat abi?"

"Sorry oo. Better go fast. This is after four" she said and I waved at her and left the house.

I boarded a taxi and rode all the way to Ikeja where ShopRite was located. I was suprised with the number of people that were there. I took my time to admire the cars, wishing they were mine.

Time was limited. So I rushed in and bought all what we needed and some refreshments for myself. When I was done, it was already after six. In my hurry, I wasn't looking at where I was going, I bumped into someone.

"Oh I am so sor-" I shut up when I looked up.

In front of me...was me.

Me?

It was like a mirror had been placed in front of me. All I saw was myself. Only that the other me was dressed in fancy clothes and her hair was in black, long braidsand looked every inch a rich girl.

She looked suprised also, her mouth hunged open. I was more than shocked.

I was petrified.

"Who are y-" before I could finish, a loud boom sounded from behind me. I looked back and saw a bright red, yellow and orange ball.

Fire?

Another explosion occured, sending me flying in the air. Something hard hit my head and the last word that crossed my head was 'wowzers' before everything turned black.

*****

Two hours later..

The fire fighters battled with the fire. There was so much commotion, so much screaming. One of Nigeria's best supermarkets has been bombed.

One particular firefighter searched the injured or the dead. He had to find the Chief's daughter. The command rang in his ears.

Find my daughter!!!

He spotted two bodies. He got there and looked at them. It was the Chief's daughter but they both looked alike. Which was which? He thought. One had her clothes tattered and torn while the other, the one with the full hair, her clothes were still intact.

After deliberating, he took the one with the full hair and left the girl with braids behind.

_____

*Crickets chirping*

Na wa oo *sighs*. Now the drama has started to begun.

*Looks around then walks out of the room*

Vote comment and share

Ciao

Danielle ©