Chapter -1

At 9:30, the doorbell rang. The men who Jerry called has arrived on time.

A man in his thirties stood outside the door. He was smiling, wearing a baseball cap on his back, his half-length brown hair tied back in a pigtail, wearing a camera vest with pockets everywhere, and carrying a backpack. A very standard TV show crew looks like. This is the man with whom Jerry was on the phone before.

Jerry looked behind him. There was only a small hatchback parked on the side of the road, and there was no one else in the car.

"What are you looking for?" the man asked Jerry.

Jerry asked, "Why are you alone? Where are Alan and Shirley?"

"Alan and Shirley" are the two location hosts of "Deep Quest", shaped a bit like the men and women of "The X-Files" main character.

The man said helplessly: "I explained it on the phone. Now we haven't decided to make this topic, I'm just here to take a preliminary look at the situation".

Jerry nodded , trying to hide his disappointment. He stayed at the door for a long time, until the other party reminded him, he didn't remember to ask someone to come in and sit down and talk.

After sitting down, the guest handed over a business card: "You are very happy." Familiar with our program, so let me introduce myself individually. I'm Levi Karadzer, assistant producer. "

Jerry took the business card: "You...not even the producer himself?" Levi Karadze kept smiling: "

" "Deep Quest" receives a lot of incident clues every day, some are very valuable, some are not so interesting... The producer is very busy, he has no time to investigate the situation himself, so Usually, my colleagues and I conduct preliminary verification first and then finalize the topic selection. "

" In other words, you decide whether each material is good or bad?" "

"Yes. "

"I see!" The boy's expression suddenly became a lot more enthusiastic, "By the way, what would you like to drink? I've prepared coffee and apple juice..."

"Water will do, thanks. " As the boy went to pour water in the kitchen, Levi Karadzer looked around the living room, paying particular attention to the family photo.

The frame on the low cabinet contained only the photo of Mr. and Mrs. Cates, and the three of them with Jerry. , It seems that Jerry is the only child in the family.

When Jerry came back with a cup, Levi prepared a recorder: "Let's not talk nonsense, let's talk about what happened that day. "

Jerry once said about that night to the sheriff, and when he again said it to other officers later, he was rather vague. Facing Levi today, Jerry was more involved than he was in the past, and he added the appropriate His tone and expression, not only did he talk objectively, but also used appropriate rhetoric to describe the atmosphere.

It seems that he had memorized the manuscript in advance... Levi frowned while listening.

After he finished speaking, Jerry also took Levi to Look at that wall.

In the early morning of April 25, a door appeared on this wall, and now it is just an ordinary wall. The wall is covered with green wallpaper and two printed oil paintings. On the opposite side of the wall is the bathroom on the first floor.

Jerry gestured on the wall, indicating the approximate height and width of the door, and then took out a pre-printed computer drawing: "Look! This is the door."