"I like homey stuff," Noah replies as she chops up the mushroom, "Emily's really into a classy style and dark reds and wine and candles as decoration. I like flowers, little knick-knacks, reminders of good memories, and framed personal pictures. I like when it's a little bit of a mess and doesn't look like you're trying to be perfect."

"Are you just saying that because you hate cleaning?"

"Maybe," Noah chuckles, "But also no. I like when you can see someone's life through their space."

"Well, I like the same as you, just more clean," Jess giggles.

"You ready for me to make the best omelet you've ever had in your life?"

"Yep!" The blonde exclaims and watches Noah carefully pour the eggs into the hot pan. The eggs sizzle and she watches them carefully, lifting the egg with a fork to see how much longer it needs. Noah puts the pepper, bacon, and cheese into the omelet and gets ready to flip it.

"This is where it could all go downhill," Jess giggles.

"Alright," Noah says as she readies herself, "Three, two, one—" Noah mumbles and flips the eggs. She sees that it folds into a perfect omelet and she stands back in shock.

"That was so good!" Jess exclaims and puts her hand on Noah's shoulder.

"Yes!" Noah beams. The blonde moves her hand to sit on the back of Noah's neck where she plays with the raven-colored baby hairs, "Alright, this one's yours," Noah says and gives Jess the plate.

"Thank you very much, gorgeous," Jess chimes and takes the plate. She pulls the silverware drawer open from under her legs and grabs a fork.

Noah quickly makes her own and plates it. She stands beside Jess as she holds her plate and waits for Jess to take the first bite. The blonde does so and hums in enjoyment at the taste.

"Good?" Noah asks.

"Very good," Jess answers.

The two eat their breakfast together, a comfortable silence falling over them. Once they finish up, Noah takes Jess' plate and puts it in the dishwasher. She grabs two glasses for them to have some orange juice. She pours some for each of them and hands Jess her glass.

"Thank you," Jess beams, "I really like this."

"What?"

"Us doing this whole "couple" thing," The blonde beams and sees Noah put her glass down.

"Me too," Noah smirks and puts her hand on Jess' waist. She leans in and kisses the blonde's lips, feeling Jess gently place her hands on her face.

Suddenly, footsteps are heard on the staircase and Noah quickly pulls back. Jess is confused at first but understands when she sees Emily come down the stairs and Noah trying to act natural. Jess slides off the counter, wanting to be respectful of Emily's home.

"Good morning," Emily beams as she comes into the kitchen.

"Hey," Noah replies with a smile.

"You guys have breakfast?" The mother asks.

"Yep," Noah shortly says and downs the rest of her orange juice, "We're gonna go brush our teeth and stuff," The teen adds and takes Jess' glass out of her hands, putting it in the sink with her own.

The two walk upstairs, Jess trailing behind Noah in confusion. Noah walks into the bathroom and Jess slips into the small room as well and closes the door behind her.

"You okay?" Jess asks but gets no response from Noah. She eyes the girl, watching as she seems to be spacing out, "Noah," She speaks again.

"Yeah?" Noah asks.