chapter two

Thankfully, I was out early the next morning from the med bay, bandages wrapped tightly around my waist, a salve already healing it. The pain had subsided tremendously as the med droids praised the use of Anakin's cloak to stop the bleeding, greatly to my annoyance. I was on my way to meet with the Council, when Master Obi-Wan called for me, Anakin trailing behind him with a knowing smile, per usual.

"Alora! Glad to see you are recovering quite well and that Anakin was in time to save you." I tried not to pull a sour face at the saving part and instead pulled a tight smile that Anakin saw straight through.

"Yes, well, I suppose I can thank you for that, Master Obi-Wan. For sending him to aid me." I changed the wording a bit to make me seem less like a useless whelp in need of rescuing. Obi-Wan smiled turning to include Anakin into the conversation.

"He was more than willing to do so. To help a fellow padawan." I refrained from rolling my eyes at the words. Anakin would do anything to make me seem in need of help and him appear to be the hero so that the Council would love him. It clearly was working as Obi-Wan preened over his padawan. Speaking of Masters, I had to find mine.

"You haven't seen Master Stass, have you?" I asked.

"In fact, I believe I have. The training rooms were the last I saw of her." Master Obi-Wan replied. "Anakin and I were just on our way there, I do have some small business I must attend to first, so perhaps Anakin can escort you there." I grimaced at the thought of being alone with him again, but Obi-Wan already had it set and Anakin was already smirking, holding his arm out for me to grab. Obi-Wan looked expectantly and I begrudgingly slipped my arm through his.

"Shall we, Princess?" He whispered low enough Obi-Wan couldn't hear. I only huffed angrily in reply. Walking a few ways away, we settled in a cool stride.

"You look rather chipper this morning, Skywalker." I murmured as we passed a ground of younglings racing on their way to the outdoor gardens. I remembered those days and those feelings like they were yesterday. Anakin gave a shrug of his shoulders, pulling his arm closer to his torso causing me to be much closer to him then before as we passed another group of padawans probably a couple years younger than us.

"I am always quite happy, or perhaps you just bring out my cheery and sunny side." He replied cheekily. I nearly placed him in a Force hold when he quickly changed the subject. "I look forward to cutting this dumb braid off."

"In that, we can wholeheartedly agree in." He tugged his arm closer again in agreement as we approached the training halls. I heard sparring coming from the inside and assumed it had to be my Master Stass.

Master Stass was as fearsome a Jedi could be. She was everything I wanted to become and be like. She moved lithely and aggressively with her lightsaber but could also console and bargain with the Council. I was proud to call her my Master and I could only hope and wish that one day she could be proud of me becoming a Master. I was even more warmed to my heart when she told me the story of how she begged the Council to take me on as her padawan. The sole thought that she believed me to be as powerful as her made me train as hard as I could be pushed.

We entered the room seeing Master Stass presiding over two young padawans who were sparring each other in fists and not with sabers. I was shamed to admit that physical fighting was not my strong suit. The Force and my lightsaber were my speciality.

"Good. Don't leave your side unguarded, Haro. That leaves an opening for your opponent to strike." She coached pacing the pad where the two boys sparred, one of them clearly with the upper-hand as he struck the other boy's side landing the fatal blow that Master Stass had just instructed on. "We can pick this up tomorrow, padawans. Today was successful even if you may not have won." She directed the last line towards the smaller boy who I assumed was Haro, as he refused to lift and meet her eyes in shame, a feeling I knew and understood all too well.