III

Jace
Clary laughs and sings along to every so i sing. Maybe she has been listening to my music. I laugh at the end of my songs and thank the audience. Walking far enough off stage so they think I've left. After 3 minutes of letting them clap and scream for me I run back onstage and prepare to sing my final song. When I've finished that. I run off stage for real and await Clary.
She meets me backstage and we walk to Magnus' car. We talk and what she says surprises me. "Jace, I'm really sorry for any pain I may have caused you. I truly thought that if I wanted to start a nor.am life, I would have to lose everything and start anew. I realize now, that that was maybe the stupidest thing I've ever done. I hope..." She pauses, "I hope we can atlest be friends again." I turn to her and laugh. I hug her small frame. "We can be anything you want us to be. I'm just glad to have you back." She smiles that gorgeous smile and hugs me back.
She walks me through the gallery, but the entire time I just stare at her perfect butt. I know I just told her we could be friends but I'm not sure I can take it. Once we reach her wall in the gallery I pay careful attention. I notice a painting that looks rather like my highschool self. Except with no facial features. I look from her to the painting and she blushes a very sexy ruby red. "I just...um...you know..." She looks down with a slight frown. "Hey look at me," I place a finger under her chin a gently lift her head, "its absolutely fine. I named and wrote entire albums after you." She stares at me. "Entire albums?! I thought those were for Kaelie." I look at her incredulously. "I feel absolutely nothing for her! She's just there for some relief from all the pain of not having you," her face turns clouded with guilt, "listen Clary. I don't blame you for what happened and how you chose to deal with it. No one should ever have to go through what you did. I pro-" but I'm cut off from my rant but Clary grabbing the back of my head, and forcing my lips down to meet hers. My hands go automatically to her waist and and I lift her up so she can wrap her legs around my waist. We kiss for what feels like forever until she breaks away and rest her forehead against mine. "Maybe we could be more than friends?" She asks a bit breathlessly. "I think I would like that." I put her down and ask "Clary will you be my girlfriend?" She laughs and answers with a short kiss. I wrap my arm around her waist as she leads me through the rest of the gallery.