"Parker!" Someone shouts again. I shoot awake, sitting up and putting my hands up in a guarding position, ready to fight off whatever's come to get me next.

"Woah woah woah, hey, sono solo io! (it's just me)" They say. The spots that came with sitting up way too fast finally clear, but the pain is still very much present. Mr LaRusso?

"What are you doing here?" I ask. I can't get what just happened out of my head... it was just a nightmare... and a weird one at that. Usually my nightmares and dreams aren't like that... they're way more abstract... I mean with all that's happened I'm no stranger to nightmares, but they're usually not that... jarring..

"I was gonna ask you the same thing," he says back. My heart pangs. I've been avoiding him since I last saw him before the party... I don't say anything. I don't know what to say. What am I supposed to do? Just be like 'oh yeah I've deliberately been ignoring you haha'? What-

"Oh my god, Parker!" He exclaims, finally seeming to notice the blood on my shirt, "what happened?!"

"I'm okay, I'm okay! See? I- bandaged... it..." I say back, trailing off as I see that red has soaked through the gauze, "mierda (shit)..."

"We need to get you to a hospital," he says. Wait.. no.. no no no.

"No.. no, it's too expensive. I can't afford to- I'll just get butterfly bandaids and fix it myself," I protest, holding the wound tightly. It's fine, I'll be fine.

"No, Parker... remember what Robby said at the hardware store about the shelf bolts..?" He asks. My heart pangs again. Robby...

"In life, I can't do everything on my own and I have to rely on other people..." I say quietly. The image of his side grin taunts me with the fact that I don't know what will happen to him, bringing tears to my eyes. Mr LaRusso looks at me with a sad, but urgent look, to show that I need to understand.

"You're hurt Parker... hell, you're bleeding through your bandages, come on... I know it's felt like you've had to take care of yourself for a while.. but we're here for you.. don't push us away..." he says.

"Mr LaRusso you don't understand-"

"Ah ah ah, I don't wanna hear it. C'mon, you need help," he says. I shake my head, but dark spots start to cloud my vision and I sway heavily where I sit. He puts steadying hands on my shoulders.

"Okay... you win..." I groan. But if I go into medical debt because of this... I'm gonna jump into the sun.

——

I'm so glad I was passed out in the car so now that I'm actively being stitched up, I'm wide awake. They numbed the area, but I still don't like it.

I hum gently through what seems like a whole playlist worth of snippets from random songs as they carefully stitch the wounds. Right now, all I can think about is Robby. Whether it be the grin he had that always made me smile, or the hurt look on his face when he found out that Sam kissed Miguel, or the look of pure anger in his eye before he kicked Miguel over the railing, or the mystery look that I could never figure out, or the way he looked at me before he kissed me, or the fact that kissed me on the cheek and almost kissed me, or doing kicks on the tree, or competing in the tournament together, anything. Everything... no matter what I do, I can't get that stupid, stupid boy out of my head...

They finish their work, then give me a sort of briefing on how to take care of the stitches and what I can and cannot do.

"Must've been some fight," one of the nurses says in an effort to lighten the mood as she cleans up any blood that still remains. All the people I fought flash through my head, the scene ending with Miguel falling from the railing. Why didn't you help me Parker?