Recruits/ Memories

Start from the beginning

In The Memory
The memory splintered and distorted in a whirlwind of color and noise until it focused on a single voice, not unlike his own.

"You come after we have not seen each other for years, asking me to take in a child who appeared out of thin air?" One of the Ardoni huffed, dousing the iron head of a pickaxe in brine. Senn knew that voice. It was Galleous and Thalleous arguing. Galleous' blue eyes cut through the cloud of steam that hissed from the cauldron, a shade darker than the champion's own.

"I cannot take care of him myself, you know that." Thalleous's frown deepened and he glanced at the child in question.

Galleous sighed and removed the head of the pick from the cauldron, inspecting it for imperfections with a trained eye. "Where did you even manage to find him? I should think that a warrior would have no business allowing a mere babe to follow him around like a dog begging for scraps."

Anger bubbled up in his throat but the champion pushed it down with no small effort. "This child's family was slaughtered in the Nether— that is where I discovered him."

His brother stopped, setting the tool's head down on a workbench. "You must be lying. All the portals have been sealed for decades."

"Then tell me," Thalleous snarled as he turned his back to his brother and raised his long hair, unfixing his greatsword, "how I managed to acquire these!"

Galleous took a step back and sank onto a stool, gripping the head of the anvil in his shock. Ropy scars knotted their way across his twin's back, all of which had healed but had not yet begun to fade over time. Burns crisscrossed them like lightning bolts, born of electricity.
Even Senn was shocked.

"Had I not rescued this child, the same fate or worse may have befallen him." He said in a low tone, letting his hair fall to conceal his disfigurement.

"Take him elsewhere. I cannot raise a child any more than you can—"

"Nonsense, brother."

Galleous gave him an icy look. "Oh, so I become your brother again in your time of need." His lip curled in disgust.

The champion's face burned, but with what, he didn't know. Anger? Shame? Grief? "Galleous, I—"

"Get out of my home and do not return. I thought we made that clear the last time."

"Do not—!"

The unfinished pickaxe flew by Thalleous's head and clanged against the wall. "GET. OUT!" His twin snarled through gritted teeth. "Get out before you make matters worse!" Galleous shouts and Thalleous left with a face that showed sorrow.  Senn saw himself in Thalleous' arms as they left and soon Thalleous slid against a tree and soon tears fell and he covered his face with one hand. Senn watched as his younger version hugged Thalleous even nuzzling him and Thalleous smiled, "I wish I could tell him who you are. But that could cause a lot of problems" Thalleous chuckled softly. Senn knew what that meant. Trouble as in Galleous would ask questions about who the mother was if he knew Senn as his nephew then Thalleous wouldn't know how to say the mother was Voltaris.
Senn wished he could hug Thalleous and tell him it was going to be ok but he was still shocked at how Galleous and Thalleous argued about taking Senn in what shocked him was how they acted. Angry with each other and was made Senn feel bad for them was how they acted as if they were never family.

Back to Reality
Soon Senn felt something shake him slightly and saw Galleous' warm smile and Senn automatically hugged Galleous. Galleous looked surprised by the boy's actions, "why did you say those things" Senn asked as he look Galleous dead in eye with eyes full of tears, "what is taking about?" Gal asked, "I know about the argument Galleous. The one about me! You treated Thalleous as if he was nothing" Senn hissed and  Galleous knew exactly what he was talking about," we had our arguments but I did in expect that argument to go south" Galleous mumbles," Yes Galleous you weren't brothers but that doesn't mean you leave him to suffer" Senn said getting up on his knees and Galleous looks at him in shock," what?" Galleous asked and Senn reme this trick Blacksight taught him, "take my hand" Senn asked and Galleous did so. The next thing he knew he saw himself and Thalleous arguing. After Thalleous left with a face that showed sorrow.  Galleous saw Senn in Thalleous' arms as they left and soon Thalleous slid against a tree and soon tears fell and he covered his face with one hand. Galleous watched with a face of guilt. Like a knife had just stabbed him in the heart making him regret that argument. He watched as little Senn hugged Thalleous even nuzzling him and Thalleous smiled, "I wish I could tell him who you are. But that could cause a lot of problems" Thalleous chuckled softly and then Galleous and Senn were back in the woods and Senn got up and joined the others in battle planning.

Galleous sat there thinking about what he had seen. Thalleous with a face that should sadness and pain. Now Galleous will need to make things right but that may be a problem when your so-called brother has his plans and they may have something to do with him...

Wow, this was a long chapter. I hope you enjoyed reading and the next chapter will be dedicated to Graceful_Pinkie so have fun reading bye Otter clan 🦦🦦🦦🦦🦦🦦🦦🦦