Forming a party

Kuno's POV:

It's been roughly 3 days in this new world and honestly, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. When we first got here, we were luckily transported to a small village near the capital. The village was medieval looking with friendly people all around. The money Selene gave us was enough to get us a small cottage with 2 bedrooms and a kitchen, along with an outhouse outside. "So, sis, are you ready to head to the guild hall?" I asked. She was so excited to go. She grabbed my arm and dragged me along like a rag doll as we arrived at the guildhall. We walk inside and we're greeted by a fairy at the front desk.

 We walk inside and we're greeted by a fairy at the front desk

"Good morning. I see you two are newcomers to the guildhall. My name is Oracle. How may I help you today?" Oracle asked before I cleared my throat.

"We are looking to join a party, but I understand you need five members in order to be an official party." I said as she pulled out a book with parties looking for new members. "Let's see now. There is one party looking for two members called The Swords of Fury." She said, which excited my sister, but I was ‌nervous about this. Oracle then called The Swords of Fury over. We watched as a demon warrior, a neko beast tamer and a half elf archer walked over to us.

 We watched as a demon warrior, a neko beast tamer and a half elf archer walked over to us

"These are The Swords of Fury, Lily the neko beast tamer, Flair the demon warrior and Takanome the half elf archer

"These are The Swords of Fury, Lily the neko beast tamer, Flair the demon warrior and Takanome the half elf archer." Oracle said, gesturing to each as she introduced them.

"These two are Kuno, the human mage, and Jamie, the kitsune thief." Oracle said. They looked at us, inspecting us before the demon warrior spoke up. "I'm not sure about these two. They seem weak and soft like baby sheep." Flair said, and this did not sit well with Jamie.

"What did you just say?!" She said, as I had to hold her back a bit.

"Well, I say we let them in. We need five members in order to form a party and they seem willing to join." Takanome said, as Lily nods in agreement.

"Besides, I really wanna hang with that kitsune more. There is so much I can learn about her." Lily said excitedly.

"Well, I guess I can't argue with the majority, but now how do we decide on a leader?" Flair asked. I came up with an idea, much to my sister's surprise, before leading them outside. "Simple. We hold a battle royale. The last one in the dirt circle wins." I said, making a dirt circle using my magic staff and waited for everyone to get in.

"I like you already, kid." Flair said, as I explained the rules.
"Obviously first off no killing or fatally wounding the opponents, second of no hitting in the groin because honestly nobody likes that and last rule if any bystanders come near we be as careful as possible not to hit anyone." I said, and the others nod and the battle began. Jamie came at me trying to use her steal skill on me, however I dodged at the last second and she ended up hitting Lily with it. She didn't steal an item from her, but accidentally stole her panties. "Score." Jamie said, as a tomato blush crossed Lily's face.

"Hey sis, why's our house smoking?" I asked, but when she looked, it wasn't. That was the opportunity I used to push my sister out of bounds, and Lily wanted revenge as she summoned a lycanthrope to fight me. "Mana control earth style!!!" I said, using the ground beneath the wolf like a weapon, sending it blasting off. Lily lunged at me, pinning me to the ground as I lost my staff. "Statistically showing right now this is checkmate for you Kuno." She said, but I smirk.

"You may have my arms pinned down, but you forgot one thing." I said, using my legs to kick her off and her hand was outside the circle. Meaning she was out, and I looked over to see Takanome and Flair going at it.

Flair's POV:

I've been fighting Takanome specifically since he knows how to exploit my weakness on my back as I dodge each of his arrows, keeping my back covered. I used my sword to deflect the arrows, but at the last second, he got behind me, just barely missing my back with the arrow. "Using my weak spot on me is a cowardly move for that. I'll show you no mercy!!!" I said, as I grabbed him by the leg out of sheer rage and flung him out of the circle. Before looking up to see Kuno, of all people, still in the ring. I walked over to him, slightly impressed. "So, kid, you made it past the girls and got to stay. Not even demons have the guts to stand up to females, since most are powerful and brave." I said, as he gave me a somewhat timid look.

"What are you gonna back out now, weakling? Ha, that's pathetic." I said, getting closer to him, but as I go to strike, I see him pull out a strange item. "Grand Summon, Selene!!!!!" He shouted. Just then, a goddess appeared, and shocked me. "So you're going to have someone fight for you? Weakling!" I said, but he smirked.

"Selene, boost my strength, please." Kuno said quietly, and she powered him up before starting a hand to hand fist fight. I managed to knock him to the ground, thinking this battle was over. "Any last words, human?" I asked him, pushing my foot deeper into his wrist.

"Mana Control wind style!" He shouted and next thing I knew, I was knocked out of the ring by a huge gust of wind as the goddess Selene left. I couldn't believe I lost to a human. The one thing is demons are supposed to be stronger than.

Kuno's POV:

I brushed myself off, and my sister tackled me in a hug. "You actually won, little bro! I can't believe it. Are you ok?, no injuries?" She asked, checking me all over as Flair walked over to us.

"I want a rematch! There's no way someone as shy as you could overpower me!" Kuno said, as Takanome calmed her down.

"Rules are rules and since he won, that means he is our leader." He said, but honestly, I didn't really want to be the leader. I also didn't want to be rude, so for now I decided to stay the leader for now. "Flair, come on, he won fair and square. At least show some honor. It's not like you to get all bent out of shape like that." Lily said. Flair glared at me. "You may be the leader for now, but one day I want a rematch. I want you at your best, no matter what." She said with a serious look. All I could do was nod my head, feeling the intensity radiating off of her. We walked back into the guildhall and confirmed the formation of our team. We were all set to go on missions now.