𓆉 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴

Jake Sim

I came out of the bathroom because I took a shower, even at midnight. You can't blame me, it's nice to feel fresh before bed. I took a towel to wipe it on my wet hair so that when it was already dry I could go to sleep.

As I was doing that I looked around at my large bedroom that can be someone's family home. It's too big for me, but I could do nothing my parents decided it. I chuckled to myself.

Like I said before, I just came from Australia. I didn't really know that we owned a mansion located on an island near Jeju. We also have a house in Seoul as well as the country i'm in before, but all I can say is that this mansion on my haven island really stands out.

The view of the blue ocean is enough as well as the silence as we have no neighbors.

On the second floor my parents room is located as well as the other guest rooms. I prefer the bedroom on the first floor so I can easily get to the kitchen in case I get thirsty at night.

Extra rooms are the library, gaming room, mini bar with casino games and you can also party in that room. I will add to that, we have a balcony located on the second floor, at the back of the mansion.

Isn’t the mansion too big for me and Layla?

That's why I'm thankful she came here-...Wait..What?!

What are you saying there Jake?! You don't know her well yet, you have nothing to thank because you helped her to survive. She will just stay here until summer break and after that she will leave me alone here again.

But also admit that since she came here, night after night you have been smiling while sleeping. Please explain that Jake, you weren't like that before. You always see her in your dream and then when you wake up she is also the first person you see before Layla, and you were pleased.

Heh! That's not what you think. I’m just happy that I have someone to hangout here at home and I even made a friend. I laughed when I remembered her baking cookies just so I could forgive her, I can say they were delicious even if they were a little burnt.

My relentless smile was interrupted when my phone suddenly rang.

I furrowed my eyebrows curiously then sat on my bed where my phone was. I picked it up and saw Mom calling. I accepted it then brought my phone next to my ear.

"Jaeyun, my child! I miss you, do you miss me too?" said Mama on the other line.

I smiled "Of course, Mom. I'm missing you and Dad, every day. By the way, why did you call?"

"We can't keep our promise to go there, we're too busy with our business. I'm sorry son, you might be lonely there." She said sadly.

Not really, Mom. I have some greedy woman with me.

I cleared my throat "It's okay. I'm used to being alone and Layla is with me."

"Layla isn't enough. That's why tomorrow morning there will be maids as well as our body guard is coming there to accompany you!"

I widened my eyes "Mom! There's no need. Maybe you need them more." I scratched my head in annoyance.

They will definitely be surprised at the girl I am with here.

"You need them more, especially the guard ... aren't you watching the news? Many are found dead in different corners of our country. We just want to protect you."

I sighed "That's not new to me, Mom. But do you think they can find me on our island?"

"Yes! Because I heard that his men is in Jeju right now, maybe next time they will come there."