"Ma'am, I advise you to lay down," the droid says, gently trying to push her back down, but Astrid swats away its hand.

    "Where am I?" Astrid's head spun with a million thoughts. This was nothing like her previous nightmares. She wasn't terrified or anxious–if anything she felt at ease, though there was a deep seed of sadness planted in her gut.

    "We are in the medical center in Polis Massa," the droid informs, giving up on making her rest. Another droid comes into view, pushing a crib towards her bed. "Your birth was very smooth and successful. However, due to stress and exhaustion, you passed out. Everything seems normal now."

    Astrid's eyes widened and her heart began to race. Birth? She'd always wanted a child, maybe this nightmare wasn't so bad after all. She immediately moves to look at the baby in the crib, eyes watering at the sight.

    In the crib, a small baby girl was wrapped in a pink cotton blanket. Her wide eyes looked up at Astrid curiously. The woman felt a tear slip from her eye as she took in every detail of the baby. The baby girl's eyes were unique, something Astrid had never seen before–though she did study about it in her schooling.

    She had heterochromia–one blue eye and one green eye.

    Astrid could help but picture Anakin in the baby. From the small little curls on her head to the bluest eyes. It had to be his, right?

    "What would you like to name her, milady?" one of the droids says, monotonously.

    Astrid's eyes never left the baby. She had thought about plenty of names as a child, and as she grew older she eliminated the crazy ones, keeping only one in mind. Obviously, she wanted Anakin to also agree, but he seemed to be nowhere in sight.

    The mother's hand gently stroked the baby's cheek, who in turn tried cuddling into it. A small tearful laugh left Astrid's lips.

    "Maya," she paused for a moment, "Maya Skywalker."

    With the right amount of courage, Astrid finally lifts the baby into her arms. Maya cooed as she was held to her mother's chest. A large smile never left Astrid's face. This was bliss, but she was missing someone.

    Anakin. Where was he?

    "I'm right here," a mechanical voice calls out, followed by the sound of a respirator. It was all too familiar. Astrid's body tenses, her grip on her baby tightening enough that it didn't hurt Maya.

    Astrid's eyes travel to the foot of her bed where the man haunting her previous nightmares stood. Her heart began to race, her head spinning with a million thoughts. Maya, on the other hand, seemed calm in his presence. Her face crinkled in a small smile when seeing the masked man.

    "She's beautiful," he says, walking over to the side of the medical bed Astrid was seated on. He brushes back a stray hair that fell from her ponytail, "just like her mother."

    Astrid visibly gulps, gaining a small bit of courage to ask, "Anakin?"

    "I knew you'd figure it out eventually, my angel," Anakin's gloved arms reach up to press something on the underside of his mask. It hisses and loosens, he pulls it off revealing his gorgeous face in all its glory. But one thing was different.

    His blue eyes were now yellow, blending into an amber.

    His eyes were those of a Sith Lord, and it made Astrid's heartache as she held Maya closer to her chest. He frowns, bending down to be closer to the two girls. One hand goes to cup Astrid's cheek, while the other digs into the bed as he holds himself up. His voice was soft, a stark contrast to his eyes, "no need to be afraid, my love, everything is alright."