FIFTY-EIGHT

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

'𝘚𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭 𝘔𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴'

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"AS I MENTIONED YESTERDAY, OUR FIRST OBJECTIVE WILL BE EARNING 'PROVISIONAL HERO LICENSES' FOR YOU ALL"

you blink, holding your chin in your hands.

"yes, sir!" the class choruses, you just hum.

"a hero license, in essence, grants you permission to directly intervene when peoples' lives are at stake. this qualification carries an immense weight. and this goes without saying, but the examination required to earn the license is extremely strict. it is a provisional license, but even having said that, the pass rate of this exam, year to year, is less than 5 percent"

you hum in interest.

"just for a provisional license, it's that tough?" mineta shrieks.

"and that is why, from today onwards, we'll be having each of you come up with at least two of.."

your attention turns to the door as multiple sets of footsteps approach. the door opens and midnight, ectoplasm and cementoss.

"your very own.. special moves!!"

everyone bursts into cheers, "finally, we're leaving the normal school-like stuff behind and moving on to the hero-like stuff! alriiight!"

you look up a bit,

hmm.. special moves? well i've got my copy.. so i can use nezuko's exploding blood and upper-rank 6's obi.. and if i can remember any other demons' i'll try and use them as well..

"special moves!!"

"finally!! some cool hero-like curriculum!"

"special! in other words, the techniques that will assure your victory!" ectoplasm says.

"these techniques must be deeply ingrained in who you are. techniques that do not satisfy that requirement will not be allowed. to battle means to leverage one's own unique strengths"

"these techniques become symbols of who you are. nowadays, professional heroes without their own special moves are like an endangered species"

"we'll go into the specifics with you all shortly with live exercises. go change into your costumes. we'll meet at gamma gym"