Where it all began⁹

Start from the beginning

Of course, he also remembered the ugly.
How his only friends died in their first mission. The only one who cared? The only one who stayed by Levi's side? Erwin.

"Its always you. Why is it always you?" Levi thought to himself

He had nothing but fond memories of the Commander.

"This is where the reports are coming from, leuntant Erwin"

"Suspect profile?"

"His name is Levi. Male in his early twenties. Black hair, grey eyes, very short."

Levi zoomed right past them with his ODM gear

"I feel bad for the poor guy, living in the underground must be though. The court won't be easy on underground scum." Erwin thought to himself

Levi was fast.
But Erwin was faster.

"The nerve of these military bastards. They really hate the underground population, don't they?"
"Fuckin cunts." Levi muttered under his breath

"Shit! I'm running out of gas!"
Levi panicked

Erwin used the opportunity and got there, charging right at him

Levi stuck out his blade, gripping it hard

"Hes holding it upside down?" Erwin thought
Levi simply hadn't been taught how to use it. He practiced until he developed his own technique.

Erwin managed to get the upper hand, pinning Levi to the ground.

Mike got him in a chokehold.

"Where did you obtain this?"
Erwin asked, standing up with authority.

"Like hell I'd tell you"
Mike pulled him by the hair straight into the dirty water on the floor.
For a place that didn't have rain, it sure was wet.

"Respect the Leuntant of The Survey Corps." Mike spoke

"Or what? Gonna kill me? Go ahead. You swines sure aren't above it."
Another push into the mud, this time stronger and longer.

But Levi didn't budge. He would neighter cooperate nor show respect.

As someone who followed authority obediently his entire life, Erwin was almost amazed at the smaller man's resolve. He spewed nothing but hateful words, but Erwin could see right into his eyes. They were the eyes of a man who society gave up on. Erwin could see that all the scrawny man wanted deep down was a place to belong. Not to be thrown to the sinkhole of the world with the sick and dirty criminals. Erwin knew that Levi experienced lots of pain. He could tell.

"Bring him along",Erwin commanded, "I'll make use out of him." He smirked

Levi still considered him a capitalistic bastard.

Erwin arranged it so that Levi could stay in his room until the court proceedings started.

"So, Levi, was it? Do you have any idea what's about to happen to you?"

"You better not fucking touch me" Levi slightly flinched

"You're staying here until court starts. So let me ask you something."

"If you think you can torture answers out of me you're wrong. I have a high pain tolerance."

"I won't try to. I just want to know about your life in the underground, that's all. No obligations to tell me. Nothing you say will be recorded or used against you. Now then, before we start: is there anything you like to drink?" Erwin asked with a slight smile

"Tea. Any kind."

A/N
erwinsmithsimpx freshouttheshower levisass_spreader StanAmity WAYNESZN I UPDATED?!?!?!? (shock)
I'm sorry for just disappearing off the face of the earth, I was going through a long depressive episode. I had no motivation to write whatsoever. But in back. And this time I'm staying. I'm extremely sorry for everyone that missed the updated and I hope this finds the people who are still interested in reading this story.