20 | 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃, 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐏𝐄𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐄 [2]

Start from the beginning

John let out a yell and tossed his shield towards Karli, which didn't seem to do much as she kicked it away. The girl then proceeded to pull down her mask and watched as the other Flag Smashers ran at John.

Bucky's gaze flicked between Carson, who now had his foot up against the truck's back door to give him more of a grip, and John who was currently getting swarmed by three Flag Smashers.

"Just go and help him." Carson said. "I can literally hear him losing whatever fight he's in right now."

Bucky huffed but agreed nonetheless. He left Carson's side and made his way to John, jumping into the fight.

Carson stood upright and began to repeatedly punch the locking device on the back of the truck, clenching his jaw tightly as he felt the skin on his knuckles cutting.

"Help us!" A woman inside the van screamed.

Carson rolled his eyes and took a step back. "What do you think I've been doing, lady?"

He looked down at the now damaged lock and gripped hold of the handle once more, his powers swirling around his hand as he pulled with all his strength. The device finally seemed to be giving and Carson squinted due to the few sparks that burst from the lock.

After a few more seconds, the device broke and he pulled both doors open, starting to usher everyone out.

"Thank you." A man turned around and looked at him. He grabbed Carson's hand and shook it quickly. "Thank you for saving us."

Carson gave him a small smile and nodded. "Go. It's still not safe h—"

A strong blow to the back of Carson's head cut him off, his vision beginning to go blurry for a moment. He turned around to see one of the Flag Smashers holding a large piece of the metal scaffolding in their hand, the item seeming to be their weapon of choice.

Carson rubbed the back of his head. "Cheap shot."

"No time to fight fair."

"Uh, yeah." Carson scoffed. "Clearly."

The Flag Smasher charged at him once more and before the metal could collide with his chest, he gripped the opposite end his with his hand, letting out a grunt as he kept the Flag Smasher at bay.

He looked over his shoulder and noticed they were at the end of the road, there being a pit quite far down below where the construction sight was.

It was pretty empty down there. No workers or civilians that could get in the way. A pretty open space.

And that's when an idea popped into his head.

Carson turned to look back at Flag Smasher and grinned, which clearly confused them as their attempt at pushing the metal faltered slightly.

He reached up with his other hand and grabbed a hold of the metal a little further up, before giving it a harsh tug and pulling it over the edge.

The Flag Smasher instantly tried to let go of course, so with the slight tilt of his head, Carson's power's swirled around the man's hands and kept them attached to the metal, which brought the Flag Smasher down with it.

Carson peered over the edge and watched as he hit the ground harshly, wincing slightly at the ear piercing yell that came from the Flag Smasher's throat, probably because his hands got crushed in the process.

However, it didn't quite seem to be enough as the man began to get to his feet. It was slow and he clearly didn't have much steam left. But still, he was kicking alright.

"Really?" Carson let out a huff at the sight. "These fucking super soldiers."

He jumped down the pit and landed in front of the Flag Smasher, opening his hand out to the side and letting his powers pull a small pipe into his hand.