070 - Only Love

Kim Taehyung's Point of View

For once, he felt he had no control over his body. His arms kept on tightening around her, pulling her closer to her as much as space allows them to. His tears kept streaming over her shoulder as his nose kept sniffing her scent. As if for the months that passed, his body already programmed itself what to do once he finally meets her again. He was even prepared to be pushed and punched and slapped by her, but it warmed his heart because despite of what he did, she hugged him back.

He kept whispering I'm sorry to her, so low yet hearable. He was making sure-and he was sure-what to finally do this time. He rehearsed his lines. The sudden hug may not be his initial agenda, but there's still a chance to be back on track. Use your words. Use your words. Words... All of it... Use it...

But then she gently pushed him away, finally breaking their hug. She has not cried, compared to him. He could see how her eyes were sad, yet she looks calm, lips straight. He was just staring at her, in a trance, completely stunned by what she did. He only noticed he was slowly pushed to the outside when she started slowly closing the door in front of him. A feet gap away from shutting, he reaches his arm and shoulder to stop it, pushing himself quickly on the side of the door, peeking at her. She was looking down. "Jennie..."

She did not respond. And when he slowly opened the door again to enter, she let him. He shuts the door behind him, silently watching her shoulders going up and down as she peacefully breathes. Use your words. Use your words. Words... All of it... Use it...

"You shouldn't—" "I'm sorry." He watches how Jennie looks up at him after finally saying something again. Her eyes were the same, but he can see the tears forming on its sides. He steps forward to wipe them, but she steps back. He has no right to say anything against it. He deserved it. "I'm here and I want to make things right. Can I talk to you?"

But before she can respond, Taehyung sights a figure coming from the living room towards the door, and he feels his chest clench again, the type he could not shake off. It was Song Mino, with face shifting from worry to indifference for him. The actual first love. Taehyung looks at Jennie, who looked away when their eyes met. Mino acknowledges his presence, but with a creased forehead, eyebrows meeting in the middle.

Am I really too late?

No. You're not doing this again, Kim Taehyung. You need to know the truth with actual words, not by mere assumptions.

"You're here, Mino-ssi?"

Mino crosses his arms in front of his chest. "And so are you, Taehyung-ssi. Why, though?"

Taehyung looks back at Jennie, who was massaging her temples.

"Didn't you two break up?"

"Mino-ssi, I am here to—"

"WHO BROKE UP?!" Taehyung panics, eyes on the hallway to see whose voice was that from. But deep down he knew. And he was both relieved and in panic again when he started to recognize who it was. She appears and stands beside Mino, imitating his crossed arms. Bae Joohyun raised an eyebrow. "What did I say about breaking Jennie's heart?!"

"Do you remember what she said?" Mino, supporting his girlfriend's question. Taehyung was too stunned to speak.

"Stop acting like my parents, you two." Taehyung hears Jennie say, then looks back at the two, whose expression softened, both arms falling on their sides. It was apparent she was tired. "You've both fixed your relationship on this dorm so go home and make up on yours. It's time I fix mine."