007

ᴛᴀᴢᴇɴᴅᴀ [ ɪᴛᴀʟɪᴀɴ ]
ᴛʜɪɴɢs ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ʟᴇꜰᴛ ᴜɴsᴀɪᴅ; ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀs ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴘᴀssᴇᴅ ᴏɴ ɪɴ sɪʟᴇɴᴄᴇ.

Today was the day of the mission

Today was the day of the mission. I think we'd all had a mutual understanding about how monumental this is. We all had a terrible feeling about this, and yet we all decided collectively to ignore it and savour this night, in fear of breaking normality.

I'd spent the afternoon yesterday with mom and Amelia, dad joining soon after to watch disney films. Despite mine and Lia's homework, and dad's prep and mom's work at the bar, we all feel the need to spend this precious time together. So we wasted away the afternoon with each other, mom and dad holding hands on the sofa as I sat with Amelia on the floor, her body curled into mine as we finished princes and the frog.

Once the skies became darker and street lights flickered on, mom and I drove to the bar where I encountered all of the lieutenants including Phoenix and Bob, waving me over from the pool table. I walked over and immediately sheltered under Bradley's arm, his hand playing with mine down my side as we gripped onto each other in understanding.

Nobody talked about the mission, instead we focused on collectively trying to beat hangman who had clearly been practising his pool skills. The night was filled with laughter and joy as even the most arrogant of us took a moment to embrace this peace. I pushed away the dreadful feeling in my stomach that brewed as I stared at each of my friends.

I looked at Phoenix as she glanced intimidatingly at the boys, her eyes flickering to Payback every few minutes as her cheeks flushed pink. My eyes moved over to Hangman who was giving pool advice to Bob, his dimples coming out practically every two seconds as he laughed at Bob's poor attempt. I chuckled as Fanboy and Bradley slapped each other on the back playfully, their eyes lit up with laughter.

I soon snapped back to reality as Phoenix pulled me up to the jukebox as our favourite song came on, and we laughed even harder as the boys came over and started to dance incredibly awfully, their disco dance moves attracting an awful amount of attention as we all spun around and jumped up and down.

As Phoenix separated from me to dance with Payback, I laughed as Bradley used an imaginary rope to pull me towards him, his terrible dance moves making me groan.

I smiled at him as his arms wrapped round my waist and I placed mine on his shoulder. "I have something important to tell you." he said, spinning me around slowly before I fell back into his arms.

I titled my head with concerned eyes, urging him to continue. "One day... I will marry you. I'm not saying next week, next month or next year, but I will. I will do everything I can to get back to you."